Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there, just joined the forum and want to say hello... Networking with PinStackers forum

planeth no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi from Zurich

Advertisement

Hi there, just joined the forum and want to say hello

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Hi, welcome to the Stacks. What kind of phone are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Hi, welcome to the Stacks. What kind of phone are you using?
    I'm using a Samsung Nexus S and a Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    As a developer, the Nexus S is first choice I guess.

For my job, I also use an IPhone 4s (but for development and debugging only)

Happy Thanksgiving btw.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Happy Thanksgiving.

Very Cool!
    Any Apps that we can check out, android or iOS ?

Give G-Stomper a try, if you're interested in beat creation. It's an Electribe like 11-Track Drum Machine (for Android) with a powerful effect chain (3 processors, 1 sum processor, 17 effect types). Live Pattern Arranger, Song Mode, Motion Sequencing, Audio import/export, SoundCloud integration, and much more. Available at google market (free demo and full (paid) version).

http://www.planet-h.com/gstomper

I tried to reply to this post http://forums.pinstack.com/f60/beat_...ne_app-118853/ since someone asked for a beat creation app for android. But it seems that I don't have the permission to post there.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome to the Pinstack. I'd check out your app, but I'm clueless when it comes to music.
    Anywho, nice choice in devices. I'm assuming both are stock if you're developing? If you ever require testing (non-music related) I can help. My tab is rooted with 3.2 custom, phone runs MIUI until ICS is released.

Out of curiosity have you started updating your apps or developing for ICS yet?

Thanks... if I had more time, I'd liked to wait for the Gaxaxy Tab 8.9 (same screen resolution), since it's a bit more handy on the go. But after all, the 10.1 a great and ultralight device.

No, not yet. Since I want to support as much devices as possible, it's the primary objective to be as compatible as possible. So for the moment everything is on 2.1/2.2 level. G-Stomper is tabletfriendly (dynamically growing UI), but it uses no dedicated ICS components.

Also for compatibilty reasons, I develop only in pure Java for Android. In my personal opinion, that's the less painful way, if you want to support hundreds of different devices.

There may be non audio apps in the future, but for the moment, serious audio is the most empty spot in the android world, which is a thankful platform for now

You're a dev too?

btw. what means MIUI?

First, not a dev. Takes more talent than I have, just not gifted with the deeper understanding of code.
    I play with a lot of software, hoard it actually.

MIUI is an alternative AOSP. Developed in China its a bit different than Cyanogen and stock Gingerbread. Probably the most noticible difference at first glance would be the absence of an app drawer. The differences go deeper, but that's usually the first thing noticed. Think iPhone, swiping left reveals your apps to the right. MIUI.us can give you an idea. Its based on stock code of course, but lacks 4g support since China lacks it as well. Its a phone ROM, haven't seen it on any tabs.

I switch ROMs often, preferring AOSP. Will be jumping to ICS as soon as its available. Looks like both my devices have builds up and running (twitter posts from Cyanogen development) so hopefully in a month or so.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by planeth View Post
    I tried to reply to this post http://forums.pinstack.com/f60/beat_...ne_app-118853/ since someone asked for a beat creation app for android. But it seems that I don't have the permission to post there.
    I just link this page in that thread for you. Not sure why it wouldn't let you post.

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I just link this page in that thread for you. Not sure why it wouldn't let you post.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley
    ...so hopefully in a month or so
    I'm looking forward to ICS, the SDK is already out.. but testing on an emulator is sowhat slow, that it's just annoying. Can't await to get it on my phone.

A port is available for your phone. From what I understand its got a few issues but runs. Of you're rooted head to xda.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nice to have you on board at PS. Welcome.
    This is going to be interesting...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast