Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

right this might sound really stupid - but here goes.... I backed up all of ... Networking with PinStackers forum

rob143 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: HELP with BB Pin Messenger

Advertisement

right this might sound really stupid - but here goes....

I backed up all of my phones "stuff", when I change the OS to cingular will i still be able to restore it all with no problems?

P.S you can laugh if it IS a stupid question lol

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

its not stupid! i know it doesn't 'sound' right, but it is...i've had tmo and cingy on my phone and im a cingy user!
    yes! make sure you do a backup of your berry before any update!
    once you are done with the install, and the device has booted back up, don't even disconnect the usb cable...do the restore right then!

rob---got an hour commute home...i'll check on you when i get home

Thanks so much! you have been so helpful! I will do the OS update and let you know how it goes. If still nothing, I would imagine there would be no other suggestions as you have given every one possible, which is great, but if still nothing I may just call tmobile and ask for a new handset as I THINK I am still within my 28 days of having the phone, but Thanks again!

GREAT HELP!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

rob - how's it going?

sorry, computer is also on the blink lol, i dont think i should use anything electrical.

Right updated my OS to cingular, still no messenger! so frustrating, called Tmobile and they told me they were also out of ideas, called RIM who told me I could send the phone to them, but they will charge me for anything at all they do, including putting messenger back on.

So luckily TMobile are sending me a new handset tomorrow! Only thing is, i think i have another stupid question lol...

When i get the new phone, can I just connect it via USB cable and hit restore to get all my old settings and contacts back? or because the phone has a different pin will it not work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12