Anyone know how to help me on this? My wife and I were using BB ... Networking with PinStackers forum

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Help - I can't receive my wife's Pin messages

Advertisement

Anyone know how to help me on this? My wife and I were using BB Messenger (both on the Verizon network) and she just got her BB set up on her company BES. Now, I get "Decryption Error. Regenerate Key" when she tries to send me a BB Messenger or a PIN Message.

We tried uninstalling BB Messenger and reinstalling, but this did not fix it. Also, someone from her company (who was already set up on the BES), can send and receive PIN or BB messages with me, but he also can't receive them from her (he gets the same decryption error).

Is there something we need to do on my phone to remove the key or regenerate the key I have for her? I don't know how to do this.

Thanks.

Pin me at 32B26064

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Help - I can't receive my wife's Pin messages

Personally, it sounds like someone in the IT department shut it off on her. I would have her go back to the IT person that handles the BB's to find out what is going on. When it comes to BES you have to be careful.

lindycu no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319BDB8B

Thanks! I realize that might be the case. It is interesting that I have her co-worker right here and he and I can send PIN messages back and forth, yet we can't do it with her, so it makes sense that it might be something on the BES. I was hoping it was something simple like a service book that I could reinstall or even as simple as reinstalling BB Messenger. It worked before this. (Wife's sad....what to do!!!)

Thanks again for the quick reply. Hope her IT is willing to fix it.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Well, I don't see why they wouldn't especially if a co-worker has it. I wish it were something simple, but unfortunately when it comes to the BES nothing is simple. I hope you guys can get up and running again!

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

"Regenerate Key".

Have your wife plug her BlackBerry into her work computer where she uses Outlook (or whatever Enterprise email client).

Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Choose Email Reconciliation.

There is a tab under which there is information on regenerating the "key". There is automatic and manual. Set to manual and click on the "generate key" button. You will be instructed to move the mouse around to generate random data by which Desktop Manage creates a new key.

I have had this happen to my BlackBerry, where the key expires and then certain functions related to BES interaction are limited. This MIGHT be the case with your situation; it's worth a try at least.