Hi guys, I just got a BB 8700 and lovin it. However one annoying problem ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Deenaan no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!! :(

Advertisement

Hi guys, I just got a BB 8700 and lovin it.

However one annoying problem I synced my outlook express and my BB. Most of my contacts appear as the company name on the BB. So when ppl from the same company call I see the company name and cannot tell who they are because I have many contacts saved from the same company. Why doesn't my BB pick up the contact name? why doe sit save the company as the contact name?

Please help!
    Last edited by cp6169; 02-05-2007 at 12:18 PM.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

Re: Help!! :(

Because they all work for the same company. it is all the same phone number...

It is like my mom calling me from her house phone (it will say PARENTS HOME) right? not my mom. Now if my dad calls me from the same line, it will say the same thing....I really don't understand what you are talking about....

Also, make sure that their mobile number is under mobile number, and not work number. Home number under home number and work is under work. That could be what is causing your problem

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Deenaan.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi Deenaan,

Welcome to Pinstack, enjoy the site and your phone.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~It is common on PBX (and by extension VoIP systems) to not broadcast the individual perdon's extension and only to send out on the d-channel (data channel) a single corporate phone number no matter where inside the company the call originates from. This would guarantee that everyone from that company would look the same to you. Do you have a main # in your contacts for that company that this incoming phone # would default to?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~It is common on PBX (and by extension VoIP systems) to not broadcast the individual perdon's extension and only to send out on the d-channel (data channel) a single corporate phone number no matter where inside the company the call originates from. This would guarantee that everyone from that company would look the same to you. Do you have a main # in your contacts for that company that this incoming phone # would default to?
    yep...this is the same with my company. if someone calls me from inside the building, all i see is our main number. that rings true calling my home phone (with caller id) or calling a cell. the only thing you can tell is that someone from my company is calling. - it doesn't matter how you have them saved into your phone.

Hello everyone! Thanks for the immediate replies u all are great.

I do not think this is my problem cause:
    1) When my contacts call from their mobile number (not from the company phone number) I still get the company name displayed on the BB screen when they call.
    and
    2) When I view the contact details on my BB I see the company name saved in both the name field and the company name field. So I think it’s an error at the time of synchronization. Annoying thing is some contacts from the same company have their name saved in the name field while others have the name of the company saved in both fields (the contact name field and the company name field).

I checked outlook express address book but all names are saved correctly in outlook express. Just when I sync with BB that BB sometimes does not pick up the contact name and saves the company name in its place. So in BB I have the company name in both the company and the contact fields.

Can I be greedy and also ask why doesn’t bluetooth file transfer work. I wanted to receive a ring tone from a friend but it just refused to work. I read somewhere that 8700 does not supported bluetooth file transfer. Is this true and if so is there software I can buy that would fix this? Thanks guys [FONT=Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT][/FONT]

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Welcome to Deenaan - as for the bluetooth file transfer that is a feature that will be added in the upcoming OS version 4.2 if I am not mistaken.

As for your contact issue. That is a little weird indeed. Seeing how you are using outlook express it just might be a syncing issue. Then again it could be a issue with the way outlook express saves its contacts. Hopefully someone here will have experience with Outlook Express and can give their views on it. I am a hardcore mac user so I can't assist you with that particular matter.