Well, I'm a first time BlackBerry user after using "normal" cell phones in the past. ... Networking with PinStackers forum

tiltmode1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello...new here

Advertisement

Well, I'm a first time BlackBerry user after using "normal" cell phones in the past. I got a BlackBerry Pearl yesterday and it's pretty cool, except I got really frustrated yesterday because there is so much stuff in the phone I got confused. Today I picked it up and played with it some more and it's pretty neat.

The phone is for personal use; I'd like to just browse the internet, check e-mail, listen to mp3s, etc. One thing I've noticed on my phone is that it doesn't have a browser application, so I have't been able to go on webpages. My carrier is Cingular and on the website when I log on to my account to look at my plan and it says "MEDIA BASIC BUNDLE (Eff03/08/07 )" Does this mean the browser will come on my phone then and that's when I'll be able to go on the internet and check email, myspace, etc.?

I also like the maps application....like having Mapquest on the phone, i was wondering though, does this cost money or use up the data quota?

Thanks for the help. Anything else I should know? Any applications I should try out?

urcdtmf87 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hello...new here

I also wish to know

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Hello Tiltmode and Welcome to the Stacks. In order to use the internet (and email), you'll need to buy one of the Cingular data packages.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by urcdtmf87
    I also wish to know
    Welcome to the Stacks urcdtmf87.

tiltmode1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    Hello Tiltmode and Welcome to the Stacks. In order to use the internet (and email), you'll need to buy one of the Cingular data packages.
    Yes I did, it syas I have unlimited, however there is no browser on my BlackBerry

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Welcome to Pinstack!

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by tiltmode1
    Yes I did, it syas I have unlimited, however there is no browser on my BlackBerry
    I would retry sending your service books. Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Click/Register Now, then do a battery pull reset and see if the browser shows up.