hello world im new to this forum stuff so wanted to say hola and so ... Networking with PinStackers forum

nune8303 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile hello

Advertisement

hello world im new to this forum stuff so wanted to say hola and so now what? well actually having a lil problem with my blackberry storm 2 and mass storage mode. i have it set to on and to prompt when connected but i get no prompts when connected to pc or any other port for that matter. is something wrong with my phone?

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi welcome to Pinstack.
    Regarding your query, no nothing wrong with your BB. Desktop Manager reads your settings and just does what you configured it to do. On the other hand, if you go to Computer on your PC you will find an extra drive that is your MicroSD in the BB, and from there you have access to the drive to copy, cut and paste and to add or delete files.
    Enjoy your BB, and good luck.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi and welcome to PinStack. When I had my BlackBerries I didn't even use DTM unless I was upgrading an OS-too complicated and too buggy. As Del stated, you can accomplish 90% of the things you want to do by drag and drop, or OTA downloading.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Welcome to the Stack, looks like you are in good hands

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Welcome to Pinstack and I hope you enjoy it here. I agree with the comments above that you should access as much as you can without the desktop manager. But if you insist on using it via this method, then CLICK HERE

This is a thread that was started to help people with mass storage mode. The first post has a fix and instructions on how to use this file. I hope this helps!

thanks for all the help, but still no luck. i am not running desktop manager on my phone( dont have the disk), but either way i cant my computer to even read my bb. doesnt even show up as found new hardware, and its not my pc it wont on any other pc ive tried. on my old bb storm i could plug it up to my car stereo and it would ask to enter mass storage mode and was able to listen to music on my stereo. all my settings are set to on on my bb, but still nothing...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    First try a battery pull and a re-boot of of the PC. You may want to fully enable mass storage instead of prompting you, just turn and leave it on. Try this and if it doesn't work, we'll try something else.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

nope nothing..

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    You say you haven't got DTM on your PC. I also presume your Windows is somewhat outdated. If so, download and install the latest desktop software from Blackberry. Install it. This will update your USB drivers as well, even if you don't want to use it.
    Like Chokem says, reboot the PC and the BB and switch on...let us know.

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Welcome to the 'stacks; I agree with everybody. The only time I ever used desktop manager was in rare occasions when I wanted to "cut and paste" something from my pc. I agree that DTM is just way to flakey to rely on. But as said before, an update will install the latest drivers, which is likely the reason you can't "see" it yet.
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman

WELL I THINK I HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM. YES I INSTALLED BB DESKTOP MANAGER AND IT HAS SOLVED THE ISSUE. THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP

ok i got a new one. has anyone heard of the emulators ROMs for the android? i want them on my bb storm anyone know how?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Glad that one is sorted out. The "New" one I leave for someone else. If it's possible...

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    I myself have never heard of "emulator" roms - but glad you got the DTM solved with your Blackberry- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman