Hey fellow stackers, I thought it’d be kool learn about other Graphic Designers/artists (here on ... Networking with PinStackers forum

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Graphic Designers/Artists: Where do you work? What do you do?

Advertisement

Hey fellow stackers, I thought it’d be kool learn about other Graphic Designers/artists (here on Stacks) and what they do.

So artists, post up your job and job duties/description.

I’ll start…
    I’m a 25yr old Graphic Designer from Pomona California, I’ve been in Graphic Design field for a few years. I work for Office Star Products (in Ontario California), It’s pretty kool, a very good learning experience. We sell office chairs and office furniture (as well as some other household furnishing products as well),

My duties as a graphic artist are...

- Product Assembly Instructions
    - Website Design and maintenance
    - FTP Site
    - Presentations
    - Magazine Ads &
    - Photography

Let’s see what various type of jobs (in the art field) we can acquire…..

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Hey fellow stackers, I thought it’d be kool learn about other Graphic Designers/artists (here on Stacks) and what they do.

So artists, post up your job and job duties/description.

I’ll start…
    I’m a 25yr old Graphic Designer from Pomona California, I’ve been in Graphic Design field for a few years. I work for Office Star Products (in Ontario California), It’s pretty kool, a very good learning experience. We sell office chairs and office furniture (as well as some other household furnishing products as well),

My duties as a graphic artist are...

- Product Assembly Instructions
    - Website Design and maintenance
    - FTP Site
    - Presentations
    - Magazine Ads &
    - Photography

Let’s see what various type of jobs (in the art field) we can acquire…..
    I am a graphic designer in New Jersey, I have been with my company for 10 years but I wasn't always doing graphics. I do websites, presentations, photography, logos, desktop publishing, etc. .....fun stuff....
    BBADDICT8100@PINSTACK.COM
    NEW PIN 30694B05
    GOOGLETALK: JUDYJUSTIN973
    YAHOO: JUDYJUSTIN973
    AIM: JEEPGIRL2K3

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wow... that sounds like a place i had an interview at last year. i wonder if its the same company. they made furniture stuff like desks and whatnot. i think the position i was trying for was in user support/help desk/networking.

anyway... i consider myself a freelance designer. i do flyers for my friend who is a promoter and i also promote. in the past i have done websites in flash and etc. but that was a while ago when i was in high school.
    --
    More than meets the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by BBAddict8100 View Post
    I am a graphic designer in New Jersey, I have been with my company for 10 years but I wasn't always doing graphics. I do websites, presentations, photography, logos, desktop publishing, etc. .....fun stuff....

Yeah, that's basically what I do......I love my job, but I'm reaching for a position at Universal Studios Hollywood...that's my dream job, I've spoke to the art director, and the job sounds SO DAMN KOOL - I'm hoping it goes as planned.

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Yeah, that's basically what I do......I love my job, but I'm reaching for a position at Universal Studios Hollywood...that's my dream job, I've spoke to the art director, and the job sounds SO DAMN KOOL - I'm hoping it goes as planned.

Sounds like a fun job..I hope you get it..please keep me posted...
    BBADDICT8100@PINSTACK.COM
    NEW PIN 30694B05
    GOOGLETALK: JUDYJUSTIN973
    YAHOO: JUDYJUSTIN973
    AIM: JEEPGIRL2K3

Thanks BB, I'm hoping it all goes through!! But I might start out as a carpenter (since Universal burned down a week or so ago)..then this way, I can edge myself into the graphics department.

whitejl28 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Social Security Administration

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I'm an freelance artist with education in illustration/graphic design. I have put aside all my work at this point and I'm focusing on developing a site that will become my gallery. I want to estabolish an online gallery for not only my self but for other artists who want to display and possibly sell there work. It's going to be interesting.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That sounds like a very good idea ziminvades.....

geeek no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

The experience of a graphic designer may vary a lot, from one to one. The degree we got is hughly focused but the skills we learn may be spent almost everywhere.
    Look here http://www.design-training.com/game-...ners-work.html here are only the major graphic designer jobs, to these I'll add the freelance experience, as I am, but I've got to say that if you don't have some ready contacts it could be quite hard. The best thing you can do is to get experience in a business, make some contacts, then leave and work on your own.

Stonecaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Hey everybody, first post on Pinstack...yay.. Anyway I'm not a graphic designer but I am the printer
    that has to try and print the crap you guys create, hehe.. Anyway, I've been in my families printing
    business for about 26 years (even though I am only 41) I live and breath printing and its the only
    thing I know how to do.

spitfirespi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    238EB9A1
    Sweet pretty cool guys

We'll I'm 20 here in la county and I'm actual in school right now for graphic design just started too lol

Hmm I work at universal studios theme park its aight hopefull I can find somethin here with universal after I'm out of school

Right now what I'm doin is drawin a lot to get better and also use photoshop just to make sigs and ava till I get better with it then I'll start makin fliers and what not~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cwt341 no está en línea Stack level 2
    im currently studing to be a web designer and going to skool and learning pretty much the adobe suite. im hopefully gonna be purchasing my macbook with adobe creative suite 4 web premium

sjscreative no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, all! I have a degree in Fashion design and one in graphic design. I started out designing wedding gowns 25 years ago. Then did costume design. Let's see, I have done everything from murals to stained glass. I am am a master of Illustrator andhave desighned web pages. Logos, book covers... You name it! Now I am focusung on my fine art, spiritual paintings.

I'm brand new to bb's / smartphones. I'm in WA for the next three days then moving to no. calif.

Blessings sj
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~