DOes any one has a gps solution for his blackberry... Networking with PinStackers forum

svierhout no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS

Advertisement

DOes any one has a gps solution for his blackberry

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: GPS

There are a couple of BBs that have built in GPS, that all is required is an Application/Service to be very useful. Others sucha as the newer 8700 and 7130s are capable of using Bluetooth to connect to GPS pucks and have applications to enable using those. I see you have a 7100v, which I don't know very much about so I can't tell if yours is capable of either of these solutions will work for you.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    There are a couple of BBs that have built in GPS, that all is required is an Application/Service to be very useful. Others sucha as the newer 8700 and 7130s are capable of using Bluetooth to connect to GPS pucks and have applications to enable using those. I see you have a 7100v, which I don't know very much about so I can't tell if yours is capable of either of these solutions will work for you.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    Can you (or anyone) please elaborate on 8700g using bluetooth to connect to GPS Pucks?

Thanks in advance

Treo700 no está en línea Stack level 3

Only iDEN BB's have true GPS built in. Other models require an adapter to do so. Being said I've paired to a TomTom 700 via BT.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I've considered buying a gps receiver to use with my 8700. However, I think it's much easier just to use a gps unit (Magellan, etc). And with how much they've come down in price, it makes more sense now.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Sprint CDMA has now intergrated Telenav into a few of their devices. The BlackBerry is not one of them for now, but will be in the near future. Sprint is now the second company to offer a true GPS solution on their units, Nextel being the first!

Devices from Sprint CDMA that have Telenav intergrated beginning 8-1-06:
    Samsung A800
    Samsung A920
    Sanyo Katana 6600

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by ljbyar
    I've considered buying a gps receiver to use with my 8700. However, I think it's much easier just to use a gps unit (Magellan, etc). And with how much they've come down in price, it makes more sense now.
    I would consider the same, however I already got a BT GPS PUCK...so if I can use it...why not.

I got all the ingredients, but I need a reciped to bake this cake....

ANYONE DONE THIS BEFORE????

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Granted. Let me know how it works out once you get it going.

PIN/ID

JUST SPECULATION -

I think I would need to load some type of 3 party app to get a BT GPS Puck to work with BB.

Because all GPS PUCK does is act as a receiver/transmitter. You still need reference software for establishing satellite lock and maps.

I have mapping software that I can load on to PPC, but not sure of how to load it on to BB or even if it would work.

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF- i CAN USE GOOGLE MAPS TO CONNECT TO BT GPS PUCK.

KingoL no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello, I'm new to BB. I have a 7250. how good is the GPS? Is there a good navigation software for BB? Thanks

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Hey, CP6169, any idea which Sprint BB's will get GPS? I have a Nextel 7100i with Telenav. I'd love to get a 7130, but not if I have to give up built-in GPS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

BadBoy, 7130 already has gps built in. As for when there will be a navigation solution, depends on what you want. Check out Sprint Family Locator, may be of some interest to you. If you want telenav I would wait a few months, we should see the BlackBerry 7130 soon. My 2 cents though, I cant confirm.