Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's happening? Me and a friend are going on our first cruise together.. She's already ... Networking with PinStackers forum

MrBlackMoney no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask4it

going on my first cruise

Advertisement

What's happening?

Me and a friend are going on our first cruise together.. She's already finished shopping for her clothes but I haven't even started and the cruise is in january..

Any suggestions on how to buy clothes for a cruise? Better so even how to pack?
    Black Money NY, LLC.

"Welcome to Hollywood" the EP coming soon!!

DJ's, Engineers, Producers, Artist Development. We got it all!

Contact Info:

Official.BlackMoney@gmail.com

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    cool....fyi,they don't wear clothes on cruises
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Where you cruising to? How long's the cruise? This'll determine what, and how much to pack.
    My wife's over packed us on every cruise we've taken.
    Don't forget to pack plastic bottles of your favorite booze to save a ton of money. Goes in the luggage headed for cargo hold, not carry-on.
    Bon Voyage

SteveM93043 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    My wife and I are seasoned cruisers. We have rescently just got back from a 2 week cruise to Alaska in early September.

To answer your question though it really depends on where you're going as to the type of clothes that you will need. But, Also, it depends if you are going to the formal dining room or will just eat your meal on the Lido Deck. If you are going to the dining room then you will need a sport shirt and slacks with dress shoes - no tennis shoes.

If you are headed towards the Caribbean then take plenty os shorts and tank top type items.

Oh and you should check with the cruise line, if you are planning to attend any formal evenings, to see just how many they are scheduling. Typically, if you go for a week then you will probably have two formal nights.

And during these formal evenings they will have the ship's photographers out taking pictures.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'd be happy to advise. Have a great trip otherwise.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Aside from destination, what cruise line?

01spyder no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackMoney View Post
    What's happening?

Me and a friend are going on our first cruise together.. She's already finished shopping for her clothes but I haven't even started and the cruise is in january..

Any suggestions on how to buy clothes for a cruise? Better so even how to pack?

Macy's stocks shorts and pastel colored shirts for "cruise season" + Try to look for left over summer stuff on sale... That is if your cruising to the carribean and not Alaska lol

p.s. ENJOY YOURSEL, CRUISES ARE AMAZING!!!!

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Best way to prepare for this is look at the weather from where you are shipping out of, in between, and your destination.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I got back from my 2nd cruise in July of this year.

Took a 6 day cruise to Mexico. I packed dress casual outfits for each night for dinner and 2 formal dinners. I wore shorts and shirts the rest of the time.

You won't have to pack much more than that and toiletries (I have to pack everything but the kitchen sink due to my disability but you won't).

Take either a digital camera (I recommend a 2GB media card for room) or at least 2 disposable cameras with you. You will be taking a ton of pictures.

Only problem we had this time (other than a personal issue which caused me to be slightly ticked off) was we had to deal with turbulence due to Hurricane Dolly in the Gulf Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

I got back from my 2nd cruise in July of this year.

Took a 6 day cruise to Mexico. I packed dress casual outfits for each night for dinner and 2 formal dinners. I wore shorts and shirts the rest of the time.

You won't have to pack much more than that and toiletries (I have to pack everything but the kitchen sink due to my disability but you won't).

Take either a digital camera (I recommend a 2GB media card for room) or at least 2 disposable cameras with you. You will be taking a ton of pictures.

Only problem we had this time (had one other personal issue which caused me to be slightly ticked off on the first cruise) was we had to deal with turbulence due to Hurricane Dolly in the Gulf Coast.
    Needed to correct wording in my first post.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would say pack light. The more room you have on your bags, the more you can bring back. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask4it
    Well I'm going to jamaica and cayman islands for 5 days.. Leaving out of miami on a carnival ship..

I plan on going to the captains dinner but I was told its real dressy.. And I'm not the suit and tie type. I can do the jeans button up and hard bottom shoes though.. Is that acceptable?

P.s. Thanks for sooo many quick replies!

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well if its really dressy I would take one set of pants. Not jeans. Some of the elegant places won't let you in with jeans. Better be safe than sorry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlackMoney View Post
    Well I'm going to jamaica and cayman islands for 5 days.. Leaving out of miami on a carnival ship..

I plan on going to the captains dinner but I was told its real dressy.. And I'm not the suit and tie type. I can do the jeans button up and hard bottom shoes though.. Is that acceptable?

P.s. Thanks for sooo many quick replies!

For the Captain's dinner on Carnival, Suit and Tie would be best, not only to add to the atmosphere, but the numerous photos taken that night. It may not be your thing, but on a 5 day'er you should only have one, and it's an enjoyable experience I don't suggest skipping. Dockers, Button Up/Tie, and a decent shoe would be passable though.

But, if you insist on skipping it, there's tons of other places on the ship to get some grub any time you want.

Which Carnival Ship? No I'm not stalking, I've just been on quite a few Carnival ships, so you've peaked both my curiosity and my jealosy as I haven't been on a cruise in more then a year, I'm looooooong over due.

PIN/ID
    Ask4it
    Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    For the Captain's dinner on Carnival, Suit and Tie would be best, not only to add to the atmosphere, but the numerous photos taken that night. It may not be your thing, but on a 5 day'er you should only have one, and it's an enjoyable experience I don't suggest skipping. Dockers, Button Up/Tie, and a decent shoe would be passable though.

But, if you insist on skipping it, there's tons of other places on the ship to get some grub any time you want.

Which Carnival Ship? No I'm not stalking, I've just been on quite a few Carnival ships, so you've peaked both my curiosity and my jealosy as I haven't been on a cruise in more then a year, I'm looooooong over due.

Carnival destiny..I'm getting more excited as they day grows near lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast