My Blackberry Curve went from EDGE to GMS and now I don't have access to ... Networking with PinStackers forum

cbroeckel no está en línea Stack level 1

GMS to EDGE

Advertisement

My Blackberry Curve went from EDGE to GMS and now I don't have access to e-mails or the internet. How can I get it back to EDGE?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is normally based on location. Depending on your carrier and where you are located you may have problems using the phone indoors as well. If you are in the same location but the signal has gone from EDGE to GMS, you could try a battery pull which will kick your phone into searching for signal again. If this doesn't help, it could be the carrier has reduced the signal strength. How long have you been without EDGE on the phone?

Problem started last night. Spoke to AT&T today and they have a "ticket" out there to resolve the problem but that's been since 8:30 this morning and now it's almost 5pm.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I wonder if they are working on the cell towers in your area. Sounds very frustrating, but it is likely that it may an issue on their side.

I just got off the phone with AT&T and they are checking the towers in the area. This morning at a certain intersecton in town the signal had come back and I had e-mails, I went in to check them but when I was done it said GMS again. Now, this afternoon I drove thru the same intersection and again had messages and it said EDGE but once I went in and check them it changed back to GMS.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sounds like it is a cell tower problem, since you can go to GSM. When it shows EDGE is it in capital letters as written or edge, as I thought you should be able to get at least e-mails with EDGE, but maybe I am wrong.