I have found Pinstackers during an exhaustive search for wifi answers...I have tried all the ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jejones no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32D786A0

Question So glad I found other BB lovers! Greetings from a "newbie"-wifi help/tips?

Advertisement

I have found Pinstackers during an exhaustive search for wifi answers...I have tried all the "hotspots" that are open and so on, and have followed protected wifi setup, manual setup...everything! Is there a reliable wifi "spot" that allows guest access free? Pipeliner1211 said "open", but then took me to Cisco that wanted a password....

Could there be a fairly simple solution that my "inner blonde" is missing??
    Thanks for any and all advice--new friends are needed, too!!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Welcome to PinStack, wifi is a different creature. It seems most of the time all wifi is secure except when I'm near my router at home. I find that while traveling in my car or away wifi becomes very spotty and connectivity is few and far between. Are you in a remote area or city? Sorry I hate answering questions with questions

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome, jejones! Glad you found us.

So you're saying that regardless of what you do, you're unable to connect via wifi on your Curve?

PIN/ID
    32D786A0
    When I check the "open connections only", sometimes the one called Pipeliner1211guest will connect, but then I am redirected on my browser to a Cisco site asking for a guest password#+@....I even tried some of the BB apps like "Easy Wifi" to help, but not much better. I live in the outer Houston area, so not out in the middle of nowhere....that leaves my "specific" location---my three story apt. buildings I'm surrounded by...a few folks at my local Sprint store have agreed that might be a factor. I am on the 1st floor and experienced issues similar with my Instinct phone-basically couldn't make or get calls while inside...! SO...for my next question...is it possible and/or correct to try and obtain the info for a connection like Belkin32E9, which is 'personal'??? A bit of wifi "etiquette" would suit me from those who know!!

So you don't have your own wireless router? You're trying to "borrow" your neighbor's wifi?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm tellllllinnnnnnnnn!

PIN/ID
    32D786A0
    And thus, the fates guided me to you wonderfully techie people!! NOOO...despite my aforementioned "inner blonde", even I know that something like "borrowing" wifi is not something good to do...no bueno at all...so I guess you could say I possess the IQ level necessary to be smarter than my smartphone (I think)...but yes, I am also fiercely tenacious, so I am determined to figure this out, instead of walking sheepishly back to Sprint...a "quitter".....if you are willing, I want to learn by doing, and as well as asking for tips from unsung experts like you out there! My limited knowledge is that connecting to a personal/WAP/private/etc. router like Belkin is not possible? Secondly, where/how would I obtain/use/connect to my own wireless router? (yes, you may chuckle, I can take it, as long as you have good advice;-)!!

I'm not telllllliiiinnnnn

Anyway, do you have broadband running to your computer?
    Do you have a router?

Rodger in 3,2,1.....

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    When I shut my mobile carrier off and turn on wifi it picks up my router automatically. Now I can manage and set up and it will list all wifi's available in the area most are protected. You can also set up wifi from your router by entering your security code or the 13 to 19 digit number or something like that if it doesn't pick up your automatically. Now I'm using a 9700, but I can't imagine the process being much different

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Welcome to the stacks, there is always someone around here to help out!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post

Rodger in 3,2,1.....
    Dude, there's no "d" in my name.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Dude, there's no "d" in my name.
    DOH!!!

You know I never paid attention, just let auto do all the work.

Apologies Roger.

LOL! No worries.

So anyway, jejones, as jfcooley mentioned, you need to have a broadband or DSL connection in your abode, then purchase a wireless router to attach to that before you are able to utilize wifi on your Curve.

Unless you decide to Jack your neighbors.......
    (Pinstack in no way endorses the "jacking" of any wi-fi signals. Do so at your own risk. Try not to let the guilt that comes with the taking of something that isn't yours eat away at you. Pinstack also is in no way responsible for any lost sleep you may incur as said guilt gnaws at you, causing (but not limited to) night tremors, loss of hair, fatigue, hypertension, trouble swallowing, trouble urinating, excessive hair growth or gastrointestinal problems. Please contact your lawyer or legal representative if you have any questions.)

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    And all this time I've been seeing the doctor and you had thhe answer all along

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color