Hi I'm new to the blackberry family I bought one that is unlocked. It did ... Networking with PinStackers forum

clifflong no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Getting Started HELP !!!!

Advertisement

Hi I'm new to the blackberry family I bought one that is unlocked. It did not come with a setup guide, a user manual or desktop CD. can anyone help me get started with my new phone? 1. How long does it need to charge before I can use it? 2 how can I get a free copy of the desktop CD for sync, My phone is a unlocked T-Mobile 7100 but I want to use it with my Cincular service.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Re: Getting Started HELP !!!!

clifflong, welcome to Pinstack. The User Guide provided by BlackBerry is minimalist anyway so you don't miss out on much by not having it. You will need BB Desktop software in order to synch you device with your PC. The current version is 4.2 and you can simply download it from the BlackBerry website.

Are you proposing to use your BB for data as well as voice? If you are, you will need to get a price from Cingular to include this. Once included, you will need to access the web address that Cingular gives you and register the PIN and IMEI numbers of your device. The click to send Service Books and again to send Browser. Back on your BB, you then go to OPTIONS (the spanner icon)>ADVANCED OPTIONS>HOST ROUTING TABLE>REGISTER NOW. The BB sweeps for incoming mailetc every 15 minutes so in that timescale, all being well, you should see browser icons appearing on your device home screen. Also the service will show EDGE or GPRS in the top right corner. It really is that simple!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

LaZyBoYx15 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30481A4C

welcome Clifflong!
    Love my first BlackBerry (Pearl)!
    PiN 204B103B

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~welcome to pinstack.

eta2892 no está en línea Stack level 1

Welcome to Pinstack!
    If you want to use BIS with Cingular, make sure that you ask for the Blackberry Personal Unlimited plan for 29.99.
    That feature is pretty well hidden in the billing system and a lot of people are not even aware of it's existance! Make sure that you do not purchase the much more expensive BES service.

Once you sign up, the message "Data Connection Refused" will vanish from your screen, and a new icon will show up prompting you to set up your email accounts.
    Or, you can go to bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular if you want to do it from the computer.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

clifflong, Welcome to PinStack. Looks like your questions have been adequately answered so

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Again welcome
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Welcome to Pinstack.