Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by dallas1125 We will never know though. The Utes played with a passion ... Networking with PinStackers forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    We will never know though. The Utes played with a passion which I have never seen them play with before the Sugar bowl. I believe that they have the ability to go with one loss or maybe undefeated in the SEC if they always played with that passion. It would be extremly tough but possible. The debate isnt whether they would go undefeated in the SEC, but whether they are the national champs this year.
    Point well taken-hats off to Utah for whippin 'Bama.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    no no no usc lost to a nobody and bama lost to the 1st and 2nd place teams...replace usc with bama
    USC is overrated, I agree but then do we need another sugarbowl win for utah just to be recognized with the national title?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    no no no usc lost to a nobody and bama lost to the 1st and 2nd place teams...replace usc with bama
    Point taken Texas vs. Bama....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    USC is overrated, I agree but then do we need another sugarbowl win for utah just to be recognized with the national title?
    To get the Title the Utes would have to beat Florida or Texas then it would be laggit.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F

PIN/ID
    2576E92F

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by CBS Sports
    Lesson 5

Those 16 Associated Press voters were right, Utah should be the national champion.

Go ahead, complain, whine and give that holier-than-thou big conference snub, but this is so easy a caveman could do it. Florida beat Alabama by 11, Utah beat the Tide by 14. Florida needed a fourth-quarter comeback. Utah just needed the first quarter to prove it was superior. Florida gave up 323 yards to 'Bama's offense. Utah only gave up 208. Florida has a loss on its home field to a four-loss football team. Utah is unbeaten. Do the math people. And if you're one of those "the season is a playoff" simpletons, well, there's your undefeated champion too. Jack Black no talk back.

Lesson 6

While we're on the subject, we found out that this whole "speed of the SEC" talk can finally be put to rest.

Utah? Yes, the Utes made Alabama look like it was running through syrup. And did you catch the South Carolina-Iowa game? Yep, same thing. Oklahoma matched Florida pretty well in the speed category as well. If anything, the speed of Tebow's brain was the big difference in that game as the Uber-QB made great decisions in the second half against that very fleet-of-foot Sooner D.

So let's just go ahead and rephrase it, the speed of the SEC is good. Now, the speed of Florida 2008 or LSU in 2007? Yes, it is ungodly good. But it's time to quit discounting the speed of other teams simply by geography.
    That is what I think. take geography out of the factor.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Judging by what I am reading then you must agree that Hawaii and Kansas should have played for the title last year. When you play a weak schedule and come out on top that doesn't make you a champion. It makes you the better of the lesser teams. Sure a couple of times in the season you come in and smash the mouths of the top ranked teams because they looked passed you but in no way does that mean you could have done it all season against Texas, OU, Florida, Bama,USC....etc. I give the Utes all the props for doing what they did but when your not playing in the same league you can't be rated in the same league.

P.S. I don't really care but I love to keep it going.....

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    LOL, not at all, Hawaii got killed.
    Your right. That might have changed
    utah's record. We may never
    know...there isn't a way to tell who
    is the best so we need a playoff
    system.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I wasn't trying to be mean. I just looked at the got robbed page and saw that Utah never played anyone ranked above #4 and they want to hold the title. To earn that you need to play the #1,2 and 3 teams and beat them.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I wasn't trying to be mean. I just looked at the got robbed page and saw that Utah never played anyone ranked above #4 and they want to hold the title. To earn that you need to play the #1,2 and 3 teams and beat them.
    O, yeah. For sure. But they didnt get a chance. I agree completley with that.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok back to the playoffs who picks who? Mine for the weekend are The Panthers, Ravens, Giants and Chargers. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    Steelers, Arizona, Giants, Ten

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    I pick Titans Panthers Giants and Chargers

And bytheway, here is the BCS's take on history
    http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=332795
    Last edited by dallas1125; 01-10-2009 at 02:13 PM.

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    GO RAVENS!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~