Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

According to the Big 12 tiebreakers if both Texas and Oklahoma win this weekend then ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Rids no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30213D47

Advertisement

According to the Big 12 tiebreakers if both Texas and Oklahoma win this weekend then it'll be Texas against Missouri for the Big 12 Championship.

In another NCAA note - Ball State just finished their undefeated regular season with a win over Western Mich tonight. Next up for them is Buffalo in the MAC Championship and then to a bowl game. There could be an undefeated team outside the top ten!
    http://www.JessicaRidley.com << My country music singing wife

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rids View Post
    According to the Big 12 tiebreakers if both Texas and Oklahoma win this weekend then it'll be Texas against Missouri for the Big 12 Championship.

In another NCAA note - Ball State just finished their undefeated regular season with a win over Western Mich tonight. Next up for them is Buffalo in the MAC Championship and then to a bowl game. There could be an undefeated team outside the top ten!
    Yes as crazy as it sounds Texas needs OU to win this weekend. This rating system blows my mind. I will never get it.

strukt99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    318b4970
    Actually the bcs rankings will determine who goes. Seeing how Oklahoma is only .008 points behind Texas, Oklahoma will go if they beat #11 Oklahoma State because the computers will put them ahead of Texas. The only way ou won't go is if they lose or Texas Tech loses.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by strukt99 View Post
    Actually the bcs rankings will determine who goes. Seeing how Oklahoma is only .008 points behind Texas, Oklahoma will go if they beat #11 Oklahoma State because the computers will put them ahead of Texas. The only way ou won't go is if they lose or Texas Tech loses.

Thats correct...if all 3 teams end up in a 3 way tie the highest in the BCS rankings will determine who goes where...I think OK got ripped by being ranked below Texas in the BCS after destroying my TT red raiders...OK should have moved to the 2 spot behind bama.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

PIN/ID
    318b4970
    I don't have a problem with the current standings. I think Texas tech should be ranked higher than USC and Florida because tech lost to a top 5 team and those two lost to crappy teams. I hate the bcs, but if there was a playoff, the season wouldn't be as exciting.
    I'm also sick of the whiny longhorn fans. You beat us, big deal. Ole miss beat Florida but you don't hear anyone objecting to their ranking because they're "playing the best right now." put last weekends sooner team on the field with Texas' current team and see what happens! I hope by some miracle they have a rematch. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dts51 View Post
    Thats correct...if all 3 teams end up in a 3 way tie the highest in the BCS rankings will determine who goes where...I think OK got ripped by being ranked below Texas in the BCS after destroying my TT red raiders...OK should have moved to the 2 spot behind bama.
    I dont agree with the ranking system but the way it is set up it looks to me like this. Texas beat OU by 10 and lost to Tech by less than that. Therefore they lead OU in the standings. Yes OU is the scoring machine and seem to be much better than my horns the system just doesn't calculate that way. The system is screwed because when Texas was #1 and Tech knocked them off they should have been #1 and not 2. No matter what it will be the Horns, OU or Tech going for it all and I am ok with that. BIG 12!!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by strukt99 View Post
    Recheck this because Texas needs OU to win and Tech to lose because if that happens tech will be out and Texas will lead OU if they beat A&M....Correct???

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    I'm just saying that because OU totally dominated TT, and TT being #2 going into that game, they should have jumped to the 2 spot, OU was 5 going in, and they just moved up two spots to 3 in the BCS...they destroyed #2, that just seems wrong to only go up two spots...heck, I remember when the horns beat OU, they jumped over bama to take the #1 spot...I'm not an OU fan, but I think they were unfairly placed in the polls this past week, but I guess it don't matter cuz this week, both OU and the horns have big time rivalry's where all the records go out the door, we'll see soon enough if either one gets upset.

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Recheck this because Texas needs OU to win and Tech to lose because if that happens tech will be out and Texas will lead OU if they beat A&M....Correct???
    The BCS rankings will determine the results in the case of 3 way tie. If all 3 win, both OU and horns r ranked above TT, so it will be determined between those 2, at that point, tech will be out, and prolly OU in since they r playing a ranked opponent in OSU.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I'm just saying that because OU totally dominated TT, and TT being #2 going into that game, they should have jumped to the 2 spot, OU was 5 going in, and they just moved up two spots to 3 in the BCS...they destroyed #2, that just seems wrong to only go up two spots...heck, I remember when the horns beat OU, they jumped over bama to take the #1 spot...I'm not an OU fan, but I think they were unfairly placed in the polls this past week, but I guess it don't matter cuz this week, both OU and the horns have big time rivalry's where all the records go out the door, we'll see soon enough if either one gets upset.
    Amen and I guess that was my point as well Texas knocked OU out and took #1 but when Tech did it they got #2. Then OU took Tech out of two but are ranked #3. I don't get the system. I won't argue #1 ...lol.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The BCS rankings will determine the results in the case of 3 way tie. If all 3 win, both OU and horns r ranked above TT, so it will be determined between those 2, at that point, tech will be out, and prolly OU in since they r playing a ranked opponent in OSU.
    Unless the Cowboys beat them...lol. I know....

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    Amen and I guess that was my point as well Texas knocked OU out and took #1 but when Tech did it they got #2. Then OU took Tech out of two but are ranked #3. I don't get the system. I won't argue #1 ...lol.

I know, and the funny thing is, I think bama had a bye when they got jumped, they were prolly saying WTF?! hehe

PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    Unless the Cowboys beat them...lol. I know....

It's possible, the game is in stillwater!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have to admit this is a little more exciting than the whole KU, Hawaii saga of last year...lmao

PIN/ID
    318b4970
    Yeah, Texas beats OU by 10 and gets #1, tech beats Texas with a last second TD and gets #2, and OU makes tech look like a division 2 school and gets #3. I hate the bcs! Go Texas A&M! LOL. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~