I just purchased a BB pearl and love it. However, I'm having an issue with ... Networking with PinStackers forum

polscigeek no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23ee6a8d

F N G (from Boca Raton, FL) to the Blackberry Utopia

Advertisement

I just purchased a BB pearl and love it. However, I'm having an issue with ringtones as they are not working. I think that it has to do with the "My Favs" software" and the BB operating system. There appears to be a conflict.

Is anyone out there familiar with this issue? Do you know of any fixes? Also, is there a way to get a theme that is different than the 5 that are pre-loaded on this phone?

Thanks,
    AJ
    Boca Raton, FL

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: F N G (from Boca Raton, FL) to the Blackberry Utopia

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~with respect to the ring tones, someone will be along shortly to help, there are other themes that you can download from this site for the pearl and more on the mobile.blackberry.com site

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

polscigeek, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with the Ringtone/MyFavs problem diaz has you covered for themes, but let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mistergreg no está en línea Stack level 3

Aaaah! More people from South Florida! haha Nice to have you here bro.

Greg

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I can't claim i'm an expert, but I have a pretty good understanding of what could be causing your problem (from my own experiences with fav5). There could be several ways it's conflicting:

if you're gonna have someone on your fav5, make sure to remove their ringtone that you previously set through your address book and set it through the fav 5. they might've fixed that problem since when I noticed it though.

other problem could be when your phone goes to lock. I have it set that my address book is not included in "Content Protection". before I had it included and it seems when it locked that when an incoming call happened it sometimes was unable to check the incoming call against the fav5/address book settings and so my custom ringer didn't go off (and their picture didn't come up). it would just be the # and my general ringtone.

once I turned it to 'not included' I didn't have any problems.

last thing could be your fav5 is screwed up. about 2 weeks ago I had wipe my handheld because the fav5 updates were not coming through when I updated on website, or pressed 'update' through phone, or even when the rep tried. names weren't changing, numbers and even the name/pictures/ringtonse were screwy (person A's number would be under person B's face and ringtone). once I did a wipe and restored my numbers, I requested my service book and fav5 software automatically re-d/led to phone and the software has worked right ever since.

one of the above, or combination, should work for you. try working in that order since it's smallest to largest.

PIN/ID
    23ee6a8d

Thumbs up Re: F N G (from Boca Raton, FL) to the Blackberry Utopia

Quote Originally Posted by diaz1023
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~with respect to the ring tones, someone will be along shortly to help, there are other themes that you can download from this site for the pearl and more on the mobile.blackberry.com site
    thanks for the info. i appreciate your help. that site is awesome.

PIN/ID
    23ee6a8d

Thanks I appreciate your help. I'll let you know if I run into any other issues.

PIN/ID
    23ee6a8d

Quote Originally Posted by mistergreg
    Aaaah! More people from South Florida! haha Nice to have you here bro.

Greg
    South Florida is here for sure! Nice to meet you.

PIN/ID
    23ee6a8d

The my favs is totally screwing up the caller id and ringtones. I think that t mob is working to fix the problem. I hope they have a patch or something that they'll be sending out to fix all of the problems. I mean you shouldn't have to "work around" certain features to make the phone work properly. they should have tested the phone a little better to make sure there were no conflicts with the 2 different softwares. It's actually pretty surprising that a major co would release a product with unresolved bugs in it.

knowledge no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23c80f09

well the new bb's cant use big sized mp3 ringtones they can only be as big as 507kb which kinda succs