I'm looking for a program that will send messages directly to a BB w/o having ... Networking with PinStackers forum

VictorE no está en línea Stack level 1

Email to PIN

Advertisement

I'm looking for a program that will send messages directly to a BB w/o having to pass through a BES. I'm going on the assumption that if something happens to my data center (which houses my BES) and I want to contact my BB users. I know that I can use the PIN to PIN functions or BlackBerry Messenger, but what I'm really looking for is a program (preferably for Windows) that will send to PIN. I believe BB support has something similar, because I've contacted them for support and one of their troubleshooting techniques is to send a PIN message from their desktops in Canada to my users in the States.

Something along the lines of a SMS gateway, but with a PIN. Do any programs exist?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Email to PIN

No. RIM hasn't released the API for that yet so developers can't create apps that interact PIN-to-PIN at this time. Welcome to pinstack!

VictorE no está en línea Stack level 1

Too bad. Do you have any suggestion for contacting BB users if a BES is unavailable?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

I have received PINs while troubleshooting with my carrier, but that's because the BlackBerry support people have BlackBerries at their desks. ....Or so I assumed....

How about using email-2-text SMS service? For those events in which you cannot contact your people through the BES.