Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 102

Originally Posted by klgmd Did these people actually tell you that they did not want ... Networking with PinStackers forum

  1. #31
    fCastle's Avatar
    fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    84

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    Did these people actually tell you that they did not want to chat with you because you are African-American....or is that your conclusion? This is not meant to be rude or direspectful in any way...it is just that I like to give everyone the benefit of doubt. I guess I need to get out more!
    I'm rather surprised that it took this long for someone to pose this question and why would it be disrespectful to ask? This individual offered no evidence to support this conclusion other than an assumption. I've had plenty of bbm's that removed me or stopped responding. Could be my age or gender or a hundred other reasons. It may be rude but accusations of racism are premature to say the least.

  2. #32
    Anela808's Avatar
    Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    Posts
    3,038
    I'd have to agree and say anyone who does this is missing out on meeting some great people. It really is THEIR loss.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  3. #33
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399
    ummh..maybe they didnt think you were attractive enough..just a thought..some people are pretty superficial. It's easy to flirt with a voice or a text buddy but then when you associate it with a face that you dont find attractive maybe they are like ok.next.
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

  4. #34
    knight2472000's Avatar
    knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Posts
    258
    So they said they didn't want to talk cause you were black? Cause if they didn't say that who knows, maybe you are too good looking and they felt intimidated =) Happens to me all the time.

  5. #35
    HeavyComponent's Avatar
    HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Posts
    2,557
    This is life, what can you do? That is messed up though.

    ---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

    --HeavyC.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  6. #36
    HeavyComponent's Avatar
    HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Posts
    2,557
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefairy1971 View Post
    ummh..maybe they didnt think you were attractive enough..just a thought..some people are pretty superficial. It's easy to flirt with a voice or a text buddy but then when you associate it with a face that you dont find attractive maybe they are like ok.next.
    That was the first thing that came to mind. Good point, I know a lot of people like that.

    ---
    Any questions/problems with your Curve 8320 feel free to contact me via E-mail. heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net

    --HeavyC.

  7. #37
    daniels75's Avatar
    daniels75 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    negot.
    Posts
    107
    I would like to thank everyone that responded to my post. Thank you for the kind words. I will no longer send out pics. And to the person who said that the people who deleted me probably found me unattractive, that is fine as well. That is why the world is full of unique people. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Pin me anytime at 2426C19B.

  8. #38
    epiticus1's Avatar
    epiticus1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    124
    No matter what we do or how far we progress in life there will always be people who either take advantage or disrespect other people. They suck and that's all there is to it. Nothing we can do about it. There will always and forever be some jerk looking to mess things up.

  9. #39
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by daniels75 View Post
    I would like to thank everyone that responded to my post. Thank you for the kind words. I will no longer send out pics. And to the person who said that the people who deleted me probably found me unattractive, that is fine as well. That is why the world is full of unique people. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Pin me anytime at 2426C19B.
    Just wanted to make sure you understood that I wasn't saying you were unattractive ( I have no idea!) I was just saying maybe they thought you were. Shoot, i think i am cute but there are some people that may think i am a beast..there is someone for everyone. Just wanted to make sure you didnt think i was trying to hurt your feelings..cause I''m sensitive shoot! lol
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

  10. #40
    krikor222's Avatar
    krikor222 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    3022BBE5
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefairy1971 View Post
    Just wanted to make sure you understood that I wasn't saying you were unattractive ( I have no idea!) I was just saying maybe they thought you were. Shoot, i think i am cute but there are some people that may think i am a beast..there is someone for everyone. Just wanted to make sure you didnt think i was trying to hurt your feelings..cause I''m sensitive shoot! lol
    Beast??? Had these people been wearing their glasses, they probably would not have made that comment!!

    You definately aint no beast!!!
    Shawn K.

    Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330 v4.5.0.56
    Carrier: Bell Mobility (Canada)
    PIN: 3022BBE5

  11. #41
    ryfoster's Avatar
    ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by daniels75 View Post
    First of all, I am AFRICAN-AMERICAN. This is a post for all of the people that send me a request, I accept, you ask for a pic, you get one and then you disappear. If you would like to talk to someone caucasian, then say that as soon as you say hi to me. Don't wait until we get to know each other and chat and then when you get the pic, see that I am black and then delete me or all of a sudden go busy. It is very rude and disrespectful. I will talk with anyone. Race or sex does not matter to me. I didn't want to write this but it needed to be said. This has happened to me 4 times already over the last 2 days. Enough.

    Jenny From PA - Pin 2426C19B.

    Feel free to add me..PIN in profile...I am also African American...but I believe we're all made equally and should embrace each others differences and be respectful to one another as we expect and command respect so often.

    That said...I certainly am not concerned with skin or gender, but with the person on the INSIDE!
    Last edited by ryfoster; 07-07-2008 at 12:34 PM.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

  12. #42
    VETT98's Avatar
    VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillzie View Post
    Oy I totally agree that people only seem to want to hook up on here. I get adds at all hours then messages at like 4 a.m. saying "hey baby wut u doin?'" drives me insane. I have deleted many people and they get mad but they have nothing intelligent to say but "you got a pic?" No one asks if I am married or if I have a bf...no one seems to care LOL. Then if I dont answer their 4 a.m. messages...I dunno cuz I am sleeping or something...I get hate messages. A girl just can't win.

    It would however be nice to have some nice women BBM friends that I can girl talk with!!

    I have adjusted my signature for exactly this reason. Also here's what I send people that ask me if I have any good" pics for them. Yeah I mean b***h
    maybe you would not get those kind of people but look at your signature, " pm if your sexy " maybe thats why.
    Mike

  13. #43
    Rome804's Avatar
    Rome804 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PIN/ID
    317D2516
    Posts
    61
    Girl don't even tak that personal! It could be race or yea someone is not attracted to you. And bottom line is if thats all they wanted then YOU dont need them. Someone asked me once if I was African American because there are a lot on Pinstack. I was like what difference does that make? He got deleted because I have no time for stupid questions or closed minds. You should feel the same.

  14. #44
    SVT Cobra's Avatar
    SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,738
    If you were a VULCAN-African-American, it might help just a tad!

    Otherwise, we ALL da same!

  15. #45
    kreesedup's Avatar
    kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    Posts
    428
    Wow, this is a real world issue that alot of people wont admit to. Everybody has thier comfort zone and what THEY view as thier peers. Can't really be mad at anybody for not wanting to chat with what they do view as thier peers. And yes, there are alot of people looking for a hook up and or using/ looking at the bb messanger like thier myspace page seeing who can have more "friends." The bb world has become very, very diverse and alot younger alot of people are not openminded or as accepting. I've also experienced this, no biggie, because its defiently a small percentage of people with that mentality. Dont sweat it........
    "This life almost didn't happen"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •