hi people, can anyone help me ? i have purchased 2 blackberrys 8520 for my ... Networking with PinStackers forum

trix666 no está en línea Stack level 1

disable network internet acces

Advertisement

hi people,
    can anyone help me ?
    i have purchased 2 blackberrys 8520 for my kids on contract but want to disable network internet access.
    i.e i only want them to be able to use wifi to access internet.
    i dont want any nasty bills to pay.
    any help much appreciated
    cheers in advance
    paul

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I know on my bold I can set it to wifi only, but I do not see a means of locking it, so if that is the case your kids would have the option to turn the mobile network on. It may be something the carrier can help with. The other option to avoid nasty bills is the unlimited plans out there with each carrier. Not sure what carrier you are with but unlimited with tmo isn't too bad per month, $30 for me cause I'm the principle, but my daughter's is $20 I think. Hope I helped somehow

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

trix666 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks ill try that

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I second PapaMag's comments, I haven't seen anything out there that will actually lock the blackberry down. I also have a family plan on T-Mobile for my children, (I would recommend that you also get unlimitted Texting because that hit me harder than the data). Instill in them to use wifi whenever available, there is an app called SmartWifi on the App Store which will turn the WiFi on whenever you are in an area with WiFi and connect, which may also be of use.