Hello all.. I've had my pearl about 6 weeks now and other than having to ... Networking with PinStackers forum

djthomas71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile desprately seeking streaming audio

Advertisement

Hello all..
    I've had my pearl about 6 weeks now and other than having to swap it out at my local cingular store today because the entire key pad quit working i am happy with it. However i would love to know how if possible to stream live audio. Either a radio station or xm radio. I've already tried to log on to my XM acount and it will not let me lauch the player. Is the possible? If so how?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: desprately seeking streaming audio

djthomas71 welcome to the stacks, you will enjoy your time with us.

I recommend using Radiobee. It's a free app that allows you to stream audio to the pearl. some people have used it and not liked it others like myself love it.
    Do a search on here and be sure to read about settings and such. It has been said Radiobee is coming out with another version soon

It runs off of data so I hope you have a data plan.
    If you have any other questions please ask, all here are very helpful
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

by the way it streams webcasts. you will need the exact url for the stations.
    I posted settings and most people have added stations to listen to.
    hit me up if it all seems overwhelming.
    Thanx
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

djthomas71 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your reply kayos72. I tried radiobee and unfortunately had no luck. It seemed to download fine. None of the defualt stations would play. But from what I've seen from many posts thats normal. I tried several url's and had no luck at all. I found a post that listed the best settings and I changed all my settings to match. I tried url's i found in posts that said they would work with radiobee and still nothing. And i downloaded the rba version and no luck either. Strange thing is i did not get any error messages. I would enter in the url and it would say it was checking station but would just sit there and do nothing. I let the thing sit for 10 minutes and nothing ever happend. Any suggestions?
    thanks...