Just received Pearl as upgrade from 7100t. Defective out of box -- Menu Button and ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jeffepops no está en línea Stack level 1

Defective Pearl

Advertisement

Just received Pearl as upgrade from 7100t. Defective out of box -- Menu Button and Trackball don't work -- only pulls up email, and options pulldown lists will not stay on screen. I can not access any other applications. Oddly, pressing shift key simultaneously with Menu botton will bring up applications options. Software updates and reboots don't help. The phone function itself does work, as does the camera.

I called T-mobile support. They will replace the unit, but will take at least two weeks, as I have to ship back defective unit first -- no cross shipping!
    Also, I have to pay for shipping (???). I did speak with a supervisor, who agreed to deduct shipping/insurance cost from my next bill.

I hope I am the exception, and that the Pearl is generally a sound Blackberry. I never had any issues with my 7100t.

If anyone else has had this issue, I'd love to know about it. Also, a not that if you've got issues with T-Mobile, speak to a supervisor. I've always been happy with T-MObile customer service,but their return shipping policy on defective products leave much to be desired (especially compared to Dell, Amazon, etc.)

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Did you purchase it directly through TMobile or a 3rd party company such as wirefly or something?

Do you not have a TMobile store near you that you could just go and replace it there?

I don't know, because I have never dealt with anything other than a physical store for purchasing, but whenever I had issues with the first pearl I got, I just took it back to the store with my purchase receipt and they replaced it with no questions asked within 10 minutes.

jeffepops no está en línea Stack level 1
    Got great deal by purchasing as upgrade (along with 4 other phones) directly from T-Mobile, so I can't take it back to my local store, according to customer support. Makes returning it a pain, but I saved about $300.00 over the normal upgrade prices the store charges.

I'm even more concerned about the product quality than the return hassle.