Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

sorry I´m not contributing much. The wife say´s I'm unsupportable... whatever that means. No cigs, ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Advertisement

sorry I´m not contributing much.
    The wife say´s I'm unsupportable... whatever that means.
    No cigs, lots of coffee, and I'm going to the pharmacy to get some nicotine supplement.
    I´m in a bad mood ? No, just cranky.
    It's been a long day. And it's going to get worse.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Glad I am not around you two at the moment I was told the nicotine patch works well because it is a program, different strengths a lot at first then slowly reducing. Trouble is you can't control when it kicks in.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Whooohooooo. Smokers will know how hard this was. Just made it through break without a cig.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....I wanna scream.
    SCREAM FOR FREEDOM! MARCH FORWARD NO LOOKING BACK SOLDER! NO LOOKING BACK YOU HERE ME?! NO...LOOKING...BACK!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Dave, the miserable habit started in 2nd year Statistics at Wits University. We had a Jewish teacher that could lull a vicious bull into sleep. Those were the days we could smoke in class. 1976/77. And it helped a lot.
    Now, what do I mean by this? I became One more Statistic at statitics, and I blame a Jew (everybody else does so take it as a joke please folks. They're fine people and I have lots of Jewish buddies...).
    To say what? Heck I dunno...this nicotine withdrawal is really bad!
    I've just reread this. I sound like KTW ...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Del I know where you are coming from, my statistics teacher was German, with a very strong German accent, at first it was very difficult to understand her, but as time went by we used to imitate her accent to learn the formulas, I can still repeat them now but only if I put on the accent, at the time I hated it, but thanks to her I got a really high grade in the subject

I was lucky with regards to smoking, both my parents smoked but they decided I shouldn't at a young age and gave me a cigarette, I was very sick, and never touched them after that, (child abuse?). Keep up the good fight against the habit, each minute is a minute closer to succeeding, you and Jay have a lot of support here!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Del and I are them same age, so smoking in class at college, or smoking at the office was very common. I started at 14, I think. Would steal cigarettes from the corner soda shop and my buddies and I would go to the woods and smoke 'em.

It was always to be cool, but then you get hooked and you find yourself having one while doing all sorts of things......breaks at work being one of them. I'm really glad they've banned smoking in doors in many places, but of the great joys of smoking was lighting one up after a good meal. Smoking while drinking was always the worst, because one would tend to smoke even more. I remember the days of lighting up first thing in the morning, and last thing right before bed.

Nasty, nasty habit, smoking is.

I can't stand being around people who smoke because they just wreak, not to mention their breath.

Nasty, nasty habit.
    Delfim likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Thanks guys. How ya doing Del? Tough day. Started saying Lords prayer whenever the urge hit. People think I'm mumbling to myself.
    My boys are thrilled and wife has promised to come here and verify.

Honestly hasn't been that bad. Almost comical as it seems everything that can aggravate has tried.
    Right now nice family meal.

Del if you get irritated just hit me on talk. You can vent on me.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Del if you get irritated just hit me on talk. You can vent on me.
    Don't worry Jay, RogerG thinks I'm venting on PS.
    Almost a whole day down...not that bad I think, I wonder what my family thinks...

You can do it. Just don't tell anyone where you hide the bodies.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Del and I are them same age, so smoking in class at college, or smoking at the office was very common. I started at 14, I think. Would steal cigarettes from the corner soda shop and my buddies and I would go to the woods and smoke 'em.

It was always to be cool, but then you get hooked and you find yourself having one while doing all sorts of things......breaks at work being one of them. I'm really glad they've banned smoking in doors in many places, but of the great joys of smoking was lighting one up after a good meal. Smoking while drinking was always the worst, because one would tend to smoke even more. I remember the days of lighting up first thing in the morning, and last thing right before bed.

Nasty, nasty habit, smoking is.

I can't stand being around people who smoke because they just wreak, not to mention their breath.

Nasty, nasty habit.
    I think we are all of the same age group!

RANT
    I did well today, damn proud that I didn't manage to snap and take 2 city blocks with me.

Then I got off work, and INSTANTLY every half witted backwoods inbread side talking banjo picking dumbass put a target square on my last freaking nerve.

Driving in a 25mph zone I get stuck behind someones grandpa and grandma doing all of 10 MPH. The speed limit then increases and they insist on believing every freaking car is going to RAM them or that the pavement is going to jump up and nip their wrinkly God fearing butts. That was so fun, I can't even describe the desire for a cig.

Then we go to IHOP. I love the Chinese. My brother in law is chinese, I love him. I love Chinese food, but I absolutely HATE ordering it due to the language barrier. I wanted chinese tonight, but decided to avoid that frustration and save some money too.

So we arrive at IHOP. Our waiter? Chinese. Took 15 minutes to order pancakes. Yep, the very ones they HAD PICTURES of on the menu. I know he was trying, but tell that to the burning nic fit running up and down my spine.

Then off to Goodwill where my oldest buys a balsa wood model of an F14 Tomcat.

Balsa wood.

Yep.

For those that don't know, balsa wood is like wet tissue paper, only wood. He wants to have daddy son time....tonight...with balsa wood.

So now I sit here ranting and saying the Lords prayer so I don't recreate the Amityville horror here in our little house. Everyone is very, very quiet.

.......Lord, give me strength.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

LOL! You know that every emotion and situation is just accentuated because you are an ex smoker, right? Just continue to ask God for strength and you'll be fine. Get through this day and everything from here is down hill.

Yeah, and am.

You know what? Coffee sucks with fake sugar and no cig.

Hope Del is doing OK.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Del should be sleeping now so it's definitely easier then. But I know how rough the first day is. You and I are in the same time zone If you need to talk or text let me know. I will PM you my cell.

Thought I'd share.

I was 23 when I started. I used to drink and was a bit...(actually struggling for the right word)......how about wild. Out every night, home sometime in the morning to shower and head to work.

Had a good friend who smoked, and one night we were hanging out and I tried one. Next day I bought my first pack.

Actually had quit for 6 months. My first wife came by and share the news my first son was on his way. Started right up.

Quit a bit when they thought I needed a stint. Or is it stent?

Everytime I quit I got stressed and started again.

Not this time. I pray.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast