Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

I don't have insurance, we chose to have it on Cass only. Target had a ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

I don't have insurance, we chose to have it on Cass only. Target had a meter for $10 and strips for $6.
    It keeps going up. 352 now. Only had a cup of coffee and some tea.

Case and I have walked a bit but its raining today, plus we have small group Bible study tonight.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Probably the stress of not smoking is having some affect but as Del says it will come down. Haven't you heard the words of the song Walking in the rain with the one I love .....we have dogs so we are walking every day no matter what the weather -40C or +38C rain, snow, sun, it has become a habit, my dogs have told me that they don't tell me I cant use the bathroom because it's raining, it is the same for them

One thing that is good is interacting with people, Bible study class is good for you, it's a matter of balance and getting into a habit.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Jay, you should take measurements in the morning before breakfast and then 2 hours after lunch and supper. At this stage they will fluctuate. Don't worry. Just take the meds, eat little starch, exercise... Coffee, real coffee, is actually good for bringing down the sugar content. But your chemical makeup will take up to a month to rectify itself and for results to be satisfactory. Your pranceas will kick back to cut sugar. Until then you have to be resolute. And like me, now, I can indulge a little. But no exaggerations. I can't. Or else I'm back to square one. Just be patient and do what you have to do.
    Afterwards 3 months I'm off the meds completely. My diet (little to no starch, brown bread and lots of salads and exercise is enough to keep the damn sugar down.

Morning guys. Day 7.
    A week!
    RogerG likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    7 days and counting. Well done to us.
    RogerG likes this.

I'm proud of you two, keep it up! I've been reading in with interest. Both my father and younger sister died from lung cancer brought on by smoking, so it is a bit of a sensitive subject for me. I was fortunate to have never started, because I, unlike you two, would probably not have the strength of character to quit. You two keep it up, and make it permanent!

Mark, I lost 2 to smoking related cancer as well. I always pushed it out of my head. Honestly I think I took up smoking as an act of rebellion against God. Obviously it was more of a thin disguise for self destruction.

Coming to terms now with my younger stupidity, my mortality, and my deep love for Christ and my family. It had to stop. I'm quitting so I can be a healthy father, s productive pastor, and live long enough to see my newest child grow up, as well as the boys.

This has been difficult. Was tempted so many times. I had to consider how I would face my wife and family as well as the stackers. God has granted me strength as I've needed, and I believe you all to be a part of that.

Many thanks and blessings to all.
    RogerG and Mark Stone like this.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    JF you still drink tea ?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    A Week already! Wow! Well done guys! it must have seemed very long to you. Jay I think when you are in your teens up to the late 20's you consider yourself to be indestructible, it is only as you get older and start to see friends (your own peer group) die, whether it be from cancer, drink related or accidents, it slowly brings to mind your own mortality, so it is important that you do everything you can to stay around to ensure your children are bought up with a future and see them develop. You never know what the future holds, so enjoy today, and remember yesterday, whilst trying your best to make a better tomorrow
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well, our Creator took a rest on the seventh day didn't He? No, not us.
    Now, the next target. 1 Month.
    How about it Jay?
    Mark Stone likes this.

1 month sounds good.
    Del dr gave meds. Found cataract. Will hit you up sometime tomorrow.

I'm 5'9 175 and I need to lose weight? Good Lord I am already small.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez, now I'm ashamed...before diabetes, I was...(I'm not here right now, just went for a weight reducing run around the block) Yikes, 202 lbs. And I' was 5´10".
    Now I'm 5'10", thank goodness that's stable. But I'm now 185 lbs.
    Your doctor is nuts. Tell him anorexia is also a fatal disease. Geez...
    Cataract? Think about that later. Diabetes first... you can always take a cataract out. Its simple, ambulatory surgery these days.
    Controlling your diabetes is primordial. Get to it.

From your msg I understand he only gave you prescription for the meds now? Why only now? You should have been taking them from day 1. Dammit... what? Tandemact (Pioglitizine/Glimpirid) ? I hope so. (Note: Maybe in the US its called something else, but the chemical composition should be the same, ...or maybe my translation sucks).

Standing in line to get meds. How I want a cig now. Wont have one. But craving.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Cataract isn't too much of a problem as they can replace the lens these days, and it develops slowly. I have cataracts, slowly going blind but when it gets bad enough I will have the operation and the nice thing is they can put bifocal corrective lenses in which is really clever, end up with better eyesight than I have had all my life, technology is amazing these days, so nothing to worry about, just get the diabetes and smoking sorted first. Weight wise I think the doctor is looking for you to get into healthy eating/exercising if you do enough exercise you may find you are getting heavier as muscle is heavy. The big thing is you are doing the right thing you are thinking of you family and following the Dr's orders, different to a little too of people.

Day 8.
    Hmmm.....noticing no craving with my coffee.
    Found that mixing a packet of stivia (or whatever its called) with packet of splenda is better than either by itself.

Realized on the way home last night I am done with cigs. No desire for them.
    RogerG likes this.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast