Page 1 of 23 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

I just quit smoking. Now I have tried cold Turkey before and failed, but I ... Networking with PinStackers forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Day 49

Advertisement

I just quit smoking.
    Now I have tried cold Turkey before and failed, but I have health incentives and maybe the right mindset this time.

I'm going to be a jerk. Hopefully wont carry over to here, but I am apologizing in advance.

Seriously, I'm sorry. ©
    Last edited by jfcooley; 05-05-2012 at 07:45 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

First day is always the hardest, Jay. Good luck! We know you'll get through it!

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just think about the prize at the end of all this. Not to mention your health.

Difficult. Good Lord this will be difficult.
    Thanks Roger.

If you don't mind Roger I think I will use this thread as help and incentive. Going to change title each day.

First goal is 5. Maybe 2....

The ashtray has been tossed, all lighters gone....I was a somewhat heavy smoker....so none today at this point is a victory.

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    If you don't mind Roger I think I will use this thread as help and incentive. Going to change title each day.

First goal is 5. Maybe 2....

The ashtray has been tossed, all lighters gone....I was a somewhat heavy smoker....so none today at this point is a victory.
    I'm proud of you Jay! We'll keep pouring on the encouragement. My Dad quit cold turkey, and although not easy he succeeded. I think you're strong enough to do it

Drove to work. Didn't buy any.
    Got a generous offer from a stacker. Wont say what, but he can if he wants. Not sure I'll take it cause of how generous. But its in enticing.

Am grumpy though

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Grumpy Jay. The way this is going you'll have Grumpy Del too.
    That's what I need to knock away (smoking). I knocked everything else...
    Ok, I didn't knock sex. That stays. Permanently.
    Good luck Jay. Wish me luck too. We'll do it together. How's that?
    Incentive enough?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    We're proud of you Grumpy Jay. My oldest decided to quit, and has been smoke free for almost four months. It can be done. You can do it.
    iNurse likes this.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Agreed Del. Together.
    Thanks all.. at work can't post.

Cold turkey is the only way. That's the way I did it. Nice to have so much support. Just get through today and you're golden. Gets easier every day after that. If you have one ima come up there and slap you upside the head. . Howzat for incentive ?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Work at Jay, today is going to be the hardest, but you can do it, think of your family, think of your health, and think of all of us stickers standing behind you......In the same line Del work with Jay, you both need to give up smoking, compete with each other share experiences and know that each hour you are closer to your goal . Let your friends know so they know why you are yelling at them
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    Honestly...was it not better to never start smoking in the first place ?

But best wishes jay!

Tell those cigarettes that tempting you is futile and they should go and burn!

For me personally I'm not onto drinking, smoking or sex but I am definitely 100% into Jesus...oh yes, nothing is more valuable than my precious Jesus...not even my life...I got side tracked didn't i ? Sorry just trying to give jay some encouragement.

Whooohooooo. Smokers will know how hard this was. Just made it through break without a cig.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ....I wanna scream.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    Honestly...was it not better to never start smoking in the first place ?

But best wishes jay!

Tell those cigarettes that tempting you is futile and they should go and burn!

For me personally I'm not onto drinking, smoking or sex but I am definitely 100% into Jesus...oh yes, nothing is more valuable than my precious Jesus...not even my life...I got side tracked didn't i ? Sorry just trying to give jay some encouragement.
    There are many reasons for starting smoking, from looking cool and wanting to "fit in" to needing something to relieve the stress of living, once started it is always difficult to stop, so anyone that does for whatever reason is admirable. It will take strength, willpower, help from friends and family, but it can be done and each day that passes without a cigarette it will get that little bit easier. So work at it, and most of all win!!!!!!!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Page 1 of 23 123456 ... LastLast