How private is company Pin messaging? In my company, Blackberries or, "the grapevine," are the ... Networking with PinStackers forum

CL60 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Company Pin Privacy?

Advertisement

How private is company Pin messaging? In my company, Blackberries or, "the grapevine," are the only viable way to maintain professional relationships, keep informed about colleagues and their families, and find out what's happening inside the company. The company does not discourage this type of use. We can also keep track of the company's pulse with these devices in addition to their primary use as a business tool. As you can imagine, some of this information is of a private nature but not neccessarilly top secret. The disposition of a co-worker's health for example may want to be shared with some but not others.

I've read here that the possibility of Pin message interception is a remote possibility and that Pin's are not encrypted. How can a Pin message be intercepted and how easy is it to do so? By scanner perhaps? Furthermore, outside of the two Pin addresses being used, who else can actually read the Pin message? The provider? The device owner i.e., employer? The email function, although secure, can definitely be screened by the parent company and therefore not usually trusted by users for anything other than technical exchange.

Thank you in advance,

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Re: Company Pin Privacy?

Good question. Any Pros with the right answer????

COJO 24

CL60 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Company Pin Privacy?

COJO,

I found a BES privacy thread here that is informative on the subject for that system if applicable. It looks like the best course is to avoid transmitting this type of information in any medium.