I just wanted to say I've probably researched over 5 hours total trying to figure ... Networking with PinStackers forum

ckossoyan no está en línea Stack level 1

Common BBM Contact Problem...Help?

Advertisement

I just wanted to say I've probably researched over 5 hours total trying to figure out this problem, and have noticed a significant amount of users on forums expressing the same experience. That being said, I think it's reasonable to post this to try and find a definitive solution.

Note: I have a BlackBerry Data Plan from T-Mobile using a 8320 Curve

I've experienced this problem a few times before, and have run into it again; this encouraged me to get involved.

When adding a contact via PIN, sometimes the contact won't get my request/I won't or the contact will reamain in the 'pending' catergory. Both parties have data plans, both have PINs, etc...

I want to know if there is a straight up solution for this. I've had the problem with email too, and have gotten around 'pending' PIN/email adds by random methods which waste alot of time.

Variable Solutions: both parties adding pins, add using email, add contact > power-off > remove battery> power on, constant adds on both ends.

I read about a suposed "cause" to this problem on one forum which claimed having a contact already in your address book creates a malfunction when adding a BBM contact. I've also experienced receiving a request from myself after sending an add request to another device.

BTW, PIN messeging hasn't worked between me and the other party in question. Any help would be appreciated.

*I'll state that even with this problem, I still love this phone...amazing.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Common BBM Contact Problem...Help?

I've experienced the problem of a "dead" BBM request. I encounter this issue if I try to add the person from the BBM by menu button-->add contact-->[use once] and entering the PIN.

The method I use that avoids this is I add the person to my address book first, entering their PIN in the field entry and adding their screen name as the first name. (all my BBM peeps are stackers, go figure...)

Then when I go to add contact, I find them in the address book and send the request. They receive these requests every time with this method.

Seems a little silly since there is the ability to add the PIN directly from the add contact menu, but hey, it works, so thats what I do.

P.S. Welcome to the Stacks!
    Last edited by LaTuFu; 11-14-2007 at 08:02 AM.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

What does the name have to do with limiting the contact add though? I just don't see the connection...

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by ckossoyan View Post
    What does the name have to do with limiting the contact add though? I just don't see the connection...
    Not really sure what you're asking...
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by ckossoyan
    BTW, PIN messeging hasn't worked between me and the other party in question. Any help would be appreciated.
    This is a lead to possible causes for not adding. Is the Contact on a BES? Some companies prohibit PIN to PIN messaging with an IT Policy setting. If implemented it could be the reason you can add them. Another cause for simultaneous PIN messenger Failure and Failure to Add would be having the incorrect PIN for the contact.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

It's with BIS on both ends, my curve to a pearl. Also, we exchanged the numbers of AIM and double checked, so there is no way for error. I am going to try to delete their info from my address book, and just inster a new contact with the PIN and a nick name. If that works then I will just edit the address to the write name/number.

hope it works!