Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Well without McCoy it looks like it just might be roll tide. I don't even ... Networking with PinStackers forum

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Well without McCoy it looks like it just might be roll tide. I don't even want to watch anymore of the game!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    those 'Bama boys hit pretty hard
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Well the Texas defense is doing pretty good, but if McCoy was in there I think the score would be different.

PIN/ID
    nada
    If the defensive tackle hadnt creamed him, he would still be in there. If Alabama's defense wasnt so physical, he would still be in there, if...........................
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

sherilf69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A7C183
    Texas is bringing it back!!!!!!

sherilf69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A7C183
    And loßt it!!!!!!!! Darn it!

PIN/ID
    nada
    like I said when this started, watch out for the blitzes
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thats four in a row for the SEC boys, four in a row
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I knew it!! Congrats to the Tide but don't even try the if game. You barley pulled it off with the fish in, just shows you weren't as good as you thought, because in your word IF McCoy would have been in the game the story would be totally different!! Congrats that's 7-1-1 with a total of 9 national titles!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Honestly Glenn, I just had to defend my team. What a great game!!! Imagine how much more exciting it would have been if McCoy hadn't been knocked out!!

That's what I'm screaming! I just posted on facebook what does this really prove? That Alabama beat a TRUE freshman? And barely did that! Congrats tide, but I would have liked to have seen what the score would have been "IF" Colt McCoy would have played the entire game!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    LOL, Sounds like I need you for back up on facebook. Honestly I must say my facebook buudies have been pretty cool about it!!

PIN/ID
    nada
    OK guys. I t would have been totally diifferent if McCoy had've played, but he didnt because he got thee snot knocked out of him. Alabama played poorly and still won. We can argue this from now on, it was a good game and Alabama won, and yes, they are still as good as I thought they were. There is NO WAY Texas goes udefeated during the regular season in the SEC, thats all Im saying. But congrats to them for the year they had.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

I've been catching it ALL day! And it got down right nasty for me earlier on FB! I haven't once bashed anyone for what team they pull for. As far as trash talk, nodda! All I have done is defended my team and said, "ok, we'll see". And of course we see. Alabama won, fair and square. No doubt about it. But the problem I'm having is this. Its bad enough that I live in the south, surrounded by all of these SEC and ACC fans. And I do know games aren't won on "what if's". And its a "team" effort, not just 1 player, blah, blah, blah. That's fine. But don't bash me or my team and say they can't hang with the big boys, or that they didn't deserve to be there. And no chokem, this is NOT directed at you! I know the SEC is a very physical conference. But from what I saw last night, not only could they, but they DID hang with the big boys, even without the most accurate quarterback in college football history. What I was upset about was this. I put up with so much crap all year long defending my dear longhorns, and they make it to the big game. I had been sooo looking forward to seeing Colt McCoy vs Mark Ingram. And I didn't get to see it. Then all of these obnoxious Alabama fans and SEC fans that I'm friends with on FB gang up on me saying how they can't hang. That if McCoy can't handle getting knocked around he didn't deserve to be in there. Someone actually compared him to Hershel Walker. They said "Hershel Walker received the same injury and played with the pain". I think its a little different. Hershel Walker wasn't a quarterback, so its a little hard to compare the 2 injuries. And as far as being able to play with the pain, I don't want to hear that either! Colt McCoy came into the game with 3 broken ribs, and everyone saw how well he handled the pain for those 5 plays. We could go on and on and on about what if, and how Texas did this, Alabama did that. I honestly was truly impressed with the outcome of the game. I thought Gilbert did an amazing job. Bright future for the young Texas quarterback. Baptized by fire! But if we were to play the "what if" game, what do you think would happen. Let's say McCoy didn't get knocked out of the game, and Ingram still went out for almost the entire second half. And let's just say Texas won. Everyone would then be saying well if Ingram had played the entire game, blah, blah, blah! What exactly DID Alabama do during the 3rd and 4th quarter when Ingram was out? NOTHING! So both teams DID revolve around 1 player. And that was the game I wanted to see.

I'm sorry! This FB issue has just gotten me a little flustered, to say the least! You can read back through this thread and see how we all go back and forth with each other. Well this is how it SHOULD be! Its a game. Its supposed to be fun! But some of these so called friends of mine have made it personal. I would like to consider myself a good sport, but there is a line. And a few of these people have crossed it! LOL!!! And got deleted, lol! But I am sorry for venting my frustrations on here.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast