Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

thread bump and update for those who are following this. I must say that I ... Networking with PinStackers forum

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Advertisement

thread bump and update for those who are following this. I must say that I am really happy to see that most of you still care enough to follow it and ask that I keep you all posted.

THURSDAY, APRIL 03, 2008 01:13 PM, CDT The game Tuesday night was fun even thou they lost again. But that's not totally a bad thing. Going for the most ping-pong balls and a good draft pick.
    Zeffen did get tired being up that late. Wednesday ended up being another rough day. I think his White Count is dropping again. He hasn't had much energy this week. All I could get him to eat all day was a can of mixed fruit and some watermellon. He got sick in the bounce house lastnight and his cold which I thought was almost gone seems to be coming back. He did make it through the movie lastnight thou it was "Alvin & the Chipmunks".
    This morning was long as he woke up not feeling very well. I gave him the additional tummy medicine for when this happens. Since his tummy has settled down he has eatten better today. A glass of instant breakfast to get going, turkey sandwich meat, and some pringles.
    This evening is bingo and then the LA Galaxy play in the second game of a double header of soccer on ESPN2 tonight. Zef want to watch his team play so it will be nap time when we get back from radiation.
    Rod

SATURDAY, APRIL 05, 2008 04:58 PM, CDT Quick update - Zeffen fell a sleep at half time of the soccer but he got to see Becks score and get an assist. After he went to sleep they must have said, "no need to score any more since Zeffen is a sleep."
    Zeffen won once at Bingo. Came home with the board game clue. He had fun. I didn't go as I wanted to watch the pregame.
    Friday's blood work came back a little on the low side. His absolute neutrophils were at 1.2. Below 1.5 is when he needs them. He was a very brave boy. At the doctors appointment, one of the researchers came and wanted to get some blood. We had however only planned on a fingure stick. That however wouldn't provide enough blood so they accessed his port. He did it "naked." On such short notice we didn't have time to put embla cream (sp), the stuff that numbs the skin. He also didn't take a lorzapam, to calm his nerves. Me and the doctors and the nurse were all very proud of him.
    We are now going over to the DeCora's for supper and time with friends.
    Rod

MONDAY, APRIL 07, 2008 10:40 PM, CDT Another quick weekend has come and gone and we are back in the cities again. Saturday evening was fun for all of us. It's great to do one of those "normal" family type things.
    Sunday's drive back was a little interesting to start with. It sleeted until we got to Onamia where it turned into just rain. From there it rained fairly hard until Elk River where is stopped and the rest of the trip was a smooth as possible on the wet interstate.
    This morning was like most but it didn't last quite as long. Almost talked him into going to school at 9:30 but just didn't want to push the envelope. Zeffen had his blood drawn today to check his counts and the shots worked again. His WBC was over 9 and his absolute neutrophils were 7.2. That's the number that needs to be over 1.5 to not need the shots. Radiation also went well.
    After we were done we drove around to a couple of soccer/sporting goods stores tring to find a soccer head protection thing. Dr. Moertel recommended Zeffen wear one just to make sure he is as protected as possible this summer. The only one currently being marketed is called Full90. The stores that they list as caring them didn't have any in stock so I'm probably going to need to get one over the internet. I really wanted to try it on him before I got one but oh well.
    Tomorrow is his last chemotheropy for this Phase and we are down to just 6 more radiation theropy sessions.
    Rod
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    wOOT for those following this, ZEFFEN IS DONE with phase one and gets to be home for awhile!!! My daughter was SOOO happy to have him back in class. His first day back she had no idea he was coming, and told me "mom, he was the popular one today" LOL
    Here are the last few journal entries so far. Please keep in mind that he still needs your prayers because he has another round to go through yet, and even then we still dont know what the outcome will be, but I want to thank each and every pinstack member who posted in here and even those who didn't, that kept him in your thoughts and prayers.

THURSDAY, APRIL 10, 2008 12:32 AM, CDT Only 4 radiation treatments left and this round of chemo is done. Zeffen and I have decided that being this close to any one person in such a small area, under these conditions for this amount of time isn't fun any more.
    Tuesday was a rough day for us - outside of the clinic. The doctors appointment, chemo & radiation all went well but then there was the time when it was just the 2 of us. I would say something to him and it would tick him off. Then he would say something to me and I'd be upset. By the time he went to sleep I was wishing for a geinie to take me away to a deserted island so I could have some alone time by myself. So I went down stairs and found the movie "Aladin" and fell asleep with it playing.
    Today was much better. We both slept all night to start with. When we said things to each other it didn't make us upset. Radiation went well again. I did the last load of laundry that I should need to do here at the Ronald McDonald House and Zeffen even helped. Then this evening we went down to Burnsville to meet with the Kampman's for supper. While we were in Burnsville we went to Soccer USA and 2 other sports stores to look for the head gear that Zeffen needs to play soccer this summer however they didn't carry it either. So I ordered it on line when we got home. After that we met them at Chuck E Cheese's had some pizza and played some games. It's amazing how much faster the day goes when we are able to get out and do something.
    Rod

SUNDAY, APRIL 13, 2008 09:54 PM, CDT Well the wekend is over already again and we are back in the cities for 2 more days.
    Friday Zeffen's WBC was down again again and his neutrophils were at 1.2. So we did shots again this weekend. The doctor wasn't surprised. Said it was part of the boost treatments being more intence. He is also dealing with a lot more dry skin on his head that is coming from radiation burns
    Saturday evening Zeffen and Zetta went and spent the night at some friends and Charity and I spent some time together.
    The trip down today was much nicer than the trip up on Friday but we made it both ways. Tommorow we start cleaning our room with hopes of Tuesday being our last day.
    Rod

TUESDAY, APRIL 15, 2008 09:04 PM, CDT
    WE ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!
    (With Phase 1)
    Zeffen had his last radiation treatment this afternoon and then met with Dr Dusenbery. She said everything went great and that he was one of the best paitents she has ever had. The radiation team was so proud of the job he did that they bought a soccer ball and all signed it. The girls up front were sad to see him go but got him a Star Wars movie, popcorn and candy as a good bye. Zeffen has a check up with the Doc on May 28th.
    Zeffen also saw Dr. Moertel, Tammie and Jane for the last time this go around. They will see him on May 27th when he comes back to start Phase 2. Again they were all very impressed with how well Zeffen did during this first part of his treatment.
    Thank you all again for the support, prayers, & gifts that have been showered upon our entire family.
    Rod
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Yah! Phase 1 is over. Take some time off, my friends.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

rodtheman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241BE306
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~dont worry about a thing your top strong to be held back little one you got a long way to go before you run out of gas so best wishes yu don't need luck because I know your startuing to feel Better all ready I'm not a praying man much but can say one for you and your family

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    Praise God...phase one over. Will continue to pray for strength and healing.
    8900-user
    DocGo

5angels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241c528b
    I'm glad to hear phase 1 is over. Prayer is a powerful medium. God is listening. Keep the faith.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    thats good to hear, thank God

5247dblk no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21D3F7C1
    My Prayers Are Here.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I am still praying for Zeffen too! Keep your head up little man!

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Bringing back an old yet not forgotten about thread. It was hard for me to keep up on this with just my BB and no home internet.
    There is a benefit/silent auction that I am helping run on Saturday for him...please tell me my fellow stack family has not forgotten about this little boy. Now on to the updates, its been crazy!

MONDAY, APRIL 21, 2008 04:19 PM, CDT Zeffen's weekly update -
    Wednesday - Zeffen went to school and made it all day. He was very tired and a little surprised by all of the attention he received. He made a comment to me about all of the questions that everyone asked. I said, "and how many questions about things do you ask me every day. Every one at school was happy to see you back and they just wanted to know things about you."
    Thursday - He slept until 11:00am. He then went out to Madden's with me as I needed to go for an orientation session. We then went to soccer practice where he got good and worn out.
    Friday - He went and spent the day with grandma as he was too tired again in the morning to go to school. Both Charity and I worked so he got to spend the day with her.
    Saturday - Zeffen went to soccer practice in the morning and Charity said he looked much better than Thursday night. The rest of the day was just spent lounging.
    Sunday - We went to church and then Charity and the kids went over to grandma's & grandpa's house for the day while I went to coach at LAYSA soccer practice. The three of them had a great time. The whole family was over there and the got to play with cousin Morgan, aunt Susie, uncle Matt and uncle Kenny. I didn't have quit as good of a time as I sprained my ankle walking to my car.
    Monday - Zeffen made it throu school again today. Not as many questions. Was more like a regular school day. This evening we are going to keep getting him stronger physically as we have soccer practice again. Hopefully he won't get worn out to bad but building up his strenght again after 2 month of sitting on his backside and getting the chemo & radiation is very important.
    Rod

MONDAY, APRIL 28, 2008 09:55 PM, CDT Another week has come and gone. In genreal Zeffen continues to get stronger however it is moveing very slowly. Picking up from last Monday -
    Tuesday - (4/22) Zeffen did get tired out froma full day of school and soccer and stayed home to catch up on his sleep. Zetta had soccer practice and since my ankle is sore he help me with coaching her team.
    Wednesday - He made it through another full day of school. Spent the day doing MCA math testing. He said it went well and Ms Jelinski said he did a good job of getting it done.
    Thursday - He spent with grandma. Both Charity and I had to work and he wasn't feeling up to going to school so he got to go spend time with grandma. He had soccer practice again and had a so-so night. He took things that were being said to him only in a negative context. I could watch so I left him to his coaches and mother to deal with.
    Friday - Made it to school. It was a depressing day. It started to rain mid afternoon and turned to snow by late afternoon. It ended up being 6 inches of white do-do.
    Saturday - The white do-do wrecked the morning. Zeffen's soccer practice was cancelled. Zetta's soccer game was cancelled. The habitate for humanity meeting was cancelled. In the afternoon we went to a bowling birthday party for a friend. Even the snow couldn't stop that. We all had fun bowling. After that we went to a youth basketball tournament where I made the mistake of reffing 2 games on my sore ankle. It is now worse than it was before. We then came home and watched a movie.
    Sunday - Went to church. Watched the race on TV. Zeffen went to another bowling birthday party. This time Charity was at work and Zetta and I stayed home. I didn't get a cal until it was over and Zeffen had a huge smile on his face when I picked him up. We then came home and chilled for the rest of the day.
    Monday - Zeffen woke up tired, crabby, and depressed about the snow and weather and I wasn't going to send him off to school in that mood. So he stayed home and helped Charity and I with house work insted. He didn't have much fun doing that so maybe next time he'll pick school insted. Zeffen had soccer practice inside again tonight and had a very good practice. Wish it would get nice so we can play outside.

MONDAY, MAY 05, 2008 09:17 PM, CDT Wow has the weather been aweful. Zeffen is depressed because he can't get outside and do things. I'm depresssed because he's depressed. It's just absolutly frustrating.
    Tuesday (4/29) - Zeffen went to school and had a good day. He didn't want to go out in the cold for Zetta's practice so he and Charity stayed home. He went to bed early so that he could be rested for a field trip on Wednesday.
    Wednesday - We were blessed with decent weather. On the field trip Zeffen and I went to the historical societies logging camp in Grand Rapids with the 3rd grade classes from Harrison. It was fun. There were some things that I learned so that was cool. Zeffen seemed to have a good time. There was a bit of walking and it tired him out. On the way home he slept on the bus. There was a benifit supper at Park United Methodist church for us. Thank you to Mrs. Swanson and the Harrison staff for everything that you continue to do for us.
    Thursday - Zeffen was tired out from the field trip. Charity couldn't get him going so went and spent the day with grandma. The weather was back to ichy and cold so we didn't go to soccer either.
    Friday - Went back to school again. Then spent the evening with grandma & pa as both Charity and I worked. Zeffen and Zetta had a good time watching movies and playing games.
    Saturday - The sun was out but it was ccooooooollldddddddd!!!!! We tried getting up and going to soccer practice at 8:30 but at 35degrees and a strong north wind it just chilled him to the bone. He made it about 15 minutes before he needed to get in a car. He then watched Zetta play her game from the car. At 2:30 Simon from coerver soccer was here to do a clinic and Zeffen couldn't even stay warm enough to participate with one of his favorite coaches. In the evening Charity and the kids went over to friends house for supper. They had a great time.
    Sunday - Got to spend the afternoon with grandma & pa again. When I picked them up after work they said they had a good day.
    Monday - Zeffen went to school. It was finally a good weather day. At soccer practice Zeffen was able to accomplish some things that he had been able to yet. He ran the length of the field, (about 100 yds) and back without stopping. I ran out on the field and gave him a huge hug. He did it 2 more times. He also participated in drills and the scrimage for most of practice. Only took a couple small breaks. Then at the end of practice he got out there and did his best at running sprints. It's amazing what a little nice weather can do to uplift a persons spirits.

TUESDAY, MAY 13, 2008 12:19 PM, CDT Either global warming doesn't exsist, it has been stopped or we went over the hump and the next ice age is prepairing to start. It's noon May 13th, rainy and 46 degrees. Zeffen just couldn't get motivated to get going this morning, so he stayed home with me.
    Another week came and went and it was fairly eventful.
    Tuesday May 6 - Both of the kids got sick. First Zetta throu up in the middle of the night and then Zeffen did while he was brushing his teeth getting ready for school. They both got to spend the day with grandma as both Charity and I worked.
    Wednesday - Big day. They were feeling better and Zetta went to school. Zeffen had a doctors appointment at 10am. Just a simple height/weight, how ya doin, flush the port visit. We were able to meet Karen Opp who is going to be administering the day 8 vincristine chemo during his 28 day chemo cycles that start May 27. He then spent the afternoon at school. We picked the kids up and went to Dairy Queen for treat and then to the circus.
    The circus was cool. A little 3-4 family opperation. they had some lions and tigers, oh-my. Ponies, a camel and 2 elephants. 2 ladies that did some areal acrobatics. 2 brothers that did some trampoline acrobatics. A couple of clowns. 5 puppies that did some tricks. The kids got some cotton candy. Rode the elephants at intermission. Zetta got her face painted for free at the beginning so she was the model. They asked for help with one of the clown ruteens so I volunteered. It was a fun afternoon had by all. Then we went to Famous Daves to eat. Wednesday kids eat free and we still had a couple gift certificates from Christmas. We still have half of our gift certificate left
    Thursday - Kids went to school. Zeffen had soccer practice. Fairly plain day compaired to Wednesday.
    Friday - Kids went to school. They had a practice mile run for PE. Zeffen finished the entire mile. It took 17 minutes but he made it. I saw him running on my way to the doctor. It's confirmed, I sprained my ankle, bad. He said hopefully it will be better in the next 6 weeks or so. Charity saw Zetta running her mile on her way to work. She called me and said, "Zetta was running and it looked like she was in the lead." When I picked them up from school I asked and she said, "yes, I ran the whole thing in 10 minutes & 5 seconds." Little miss doesn't stop, didn't stop, and was the first to finish in her class.
    We then went and helped with a highschool JV track meet. The kids worked as runners taking the time sheets to the scorers table. I did the head timer thing. It's been about 15 years since I was that close to a track meet. I had a blast and the kids were both excellent for 4 hours.
    Saturday - Zetta had a soccer game in the morning. Then we chilled for a couple hours before they went to grandma for the afternoon.
    Sunday - We went into Wal-Mart about noon and took Charity some flowers and a balloon. When we saw Charity we yelled, "We love you mommy." It worked, she turned red. We came home, cleaned a bit, and made supper.
    Monday - Back to school. Zeffen also had soccer practice. At the end of practice they had a little scrimage. Zeffen did well. When he gets his foot on the ball he still looks good. However he is a couple steps slower than he was and gets tired faster.

MONDAY, MAY 19, 2008 08:55 PM, CDT Wow another week comes and goes and here we are again. This week was fairly uneventful until the weekend when Zeffen's soccer team had there first tournament.
    Tuesday 5/13 - Zeffen didn't feel very well as it was another icky day. He stayed in bed and got caught up on sleep again. Was tired enough that he didn't even feel like going and helping me with Zetta's soccer practice. Zetta had a big day thou as her class ran the mile for PE and she finished in 9:10 to win her class. Mr Amundson said she wasn't even breathing hard and could have probably taken another 30 seconds off if someone would have been running with her.
    Wednesday - Zeffen was feeling better again and went to school. Fairly nice day. The kids went to grandma after school as Charity and I spent the day doing things like applying for county medical assistance, going by the SSI office, and shopping.
    Thursday - Zeffen had a really rough night. woke up and said he had a bad dream. Didn't want to talk about it so I'm not sure exactly what it was about but it recked most of his day. He was an absolute bear to get out of bed. I even needed to take him to school because he missed the bus. While he was at school the day went fairly well. He did some MEA testing and his scores were basically the same as earlier in the year. In the evening he had his last soccer practice before there first tournament and I was hoping he could get into the flow a bit more but that didn't work. By the time practice rolled around he was so tired that he basically spent the entire practice just laying on the ground.
    Also a bit of a rough day for me. I had my annual physical and it didn't go the greatest. My cholesteral was a touch on the high side, 217. My blood pressor was 147/104 which has slowly been going up over the last couple of months, (can anyone say stress). I'm now on 10mg Lisingril daily. And I received a call this morning from my doctor saying that after reveiwing her notes she has decided to send me for a scan on my thyroid.
    Friday - Was a better day. Made it to school without any problems. Had a good day and went to bed early so that he wouldn't be tired for his soccer games.
    Saturday - Had 2 soccer games. The first wasn't until 11a so we just left at 8am to get there. We bought some window paints and decorated the car windows. The kids thought it was cool. The games went well. Zeffen played his hardest and had fun. I could tell that he got frustrated a couple of times not being able to do the things he knows he could do before. But he still has the soccer "mind", getting himself in position to make plays and seeing the field well. After the games we went to the motel where Charity and the kids had some fun in the swimming pool. We ate pizza and watched the NASCAR all-star race as we went to sleep.
    Sunday - We had another soccer game at 8am. Early for a game however the team did really well. It only took us 3 games before we earned our first tie, and it was against teams with players a year older then our team. Next tournament we actually get to play other teams our age. I will include some pictures as soon as I get them loaded and I get them down to the correct size.
    Monday - Zeffen made it to school without any problem. He has however gotten very sore and stiff from the tournament. Of cource it didn't help that it was 48 degrees, windy and rainy out today. So he didn't participate in practice tonight. Probably would have if it wasn't so cold.
    Next Tuesday, 5/27, Zeffen goes back into the hospital for tests and then he will be addmited and start phase 2 of his treatment.

UNDAY, MAY 25, 2008 08:13 PM, CDT SOME "STUFF" TO FILL YOU IN ON / LET YOU KNOW ABOUT
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have registered for the American Cancer Society relay for life event in Brainerd. Zeffen will be walking in the survivor lap. If you would like to donate please follow the web link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Re...try&fr_id=7163 Then go to "donate to participant" type in Rodney Thurow.[/FONT]
    [FONT=georgia,times new roman,times,serif]Zeffen was in the newpaper on Wednesday. They did an article about his class collecting pop tabs while he was staying at the Ronald McDonald House getting his radiation and chemo treatments. It is a cool little article. Wish the picture would have included more of his classmates but what can you do. Here is the link that will take you to the papers web page. http://www.brainerddispatch.com/stor...80521042.shtml [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Here's the full writeup on the benefit:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]ZeffenThurow Cancer Benefit[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Saturday July 12, 2008 at the Green Lantern, east of Brainerd on Highway 18, from 4pm -11pm[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]Zeffen is a 9 year old boy that'a in the 3rd grade at Harrison Elementary School in Brainerd. On February 6, 2008 he was diagnosed with Medulloblastoma, a brain stem tumor. He was taken to the University Fairview Childrens the same afternoon. February 7th the doctors operated and were able to remove 90-95% of the tumor. February 8th, 2008 they were told it was cancer. He's already gone through 2 months of radiation and chemotheropy with more treatment to follow in the months to come. Zeffen has a web site at caringbridge.org/visit/zeffen. The messages he has received has helped to keep his spirits up. We are having a sloppy joe benefit at the Green Lantern with silent auctions raffles, and music. The silent auction runs from 4pm-7pm and you must be present to win. Raffles run from 4pm and ends when items are gone. Music will be played be The Teddy Bear Sounds. Please add Zeffen and his family to your prayers[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]If you have any questions, please contact either of the following: Kathy at the Green Lantern 218-764-2323 or Wanda Johnston at 218-828-4576 THANK YOU![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]If you would like to donate to the Benefit please contact Wanda at pjoh1960@localnet.com or Rod at crthurow@msn.com [/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman,times,serif]Thanks,[/FONT]

WEDNESDAY, MAY 28, 2008 05:18 PM, CDT To let you all know what Aunt Mir & Mrs Swanson are so excited about:
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Zeffen's MRI from Tuesday was CLEAN!!!!![/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]What that means is that they couldn't find any signs of the tumor.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]Zeffen will still need to go through the 12 cycles of chemo in the next phase of treatment. They don't want to take any chances of it coming right back. Doctor Moertel said this is the best starting spot that we can hope for in starting the maintenance chemo.[/FONT]
    Was a really long day. Started at 7:30 with his port getting accessed and then something from nueclear medicine was injected into it. 2 hours later they started the first of 4 blood draws over the next 2 hours. His kidneys are fine.
    The we moved on to audiology at 1pm. His hearing test went well. He has excellent hearing.
    Then came the MRI at 3pm. He laid perfectly still for the whole thing, (he might have taken a couple of cat naps). And of cource the results from that were wonderful.
    Then at about 4:30pm we got to the room and they gave him the once over twice. Waited fot the MRI, blood and urine results to pop up. Got him settled in and then got him started with his chemo at about 8pm. The long one got going about 10pm and ran for 6 hours.
    His supper just came so I'll go for now and get another update posted tommorow.
    Thank you all for all of your prayers

THURSDAY, MAY 29, 2008 07:16 PM, CDT Well 2 nights of Chemo down and one to go. He is doing very well at this point. He just now is starting to feel a little upset tummy as supper came. However after about 1/2 an hour or so he was ready to eat.
    He has been really really good about the whole thing. He's been able to play on the playstation this time which seem to make the long hours of haveing fluids pumped into his body go by quicker.
    The continuos iv push runs anywhere from 100mg/hr on the slow side to 500mg/hr for one of the chemo pushes. He is also getting about 4 meds that help regulate his body so that the chemo doesn't mess his body up as bad as it could. In additions to that he gets another 4 in either pill or powder form. It's almost mind boggleing. This chemo med does this soooo this med counter acts that but it causes this soooo this med counter acts that but it causes this soooo he gets another med which basically just makes him tired.
    The one thing that they haven't been able to control is his needing to go to the bathroom about every 20-30 minutes with an uncontrolable urge that produces 100mg of urine.
    Anyway.....Tonight, Thursday, he gets his last shot of chemo from 10:30p until 4:30a. Then he will get a few more hours of fluids and he will be ready to go by late morning. Before lunch if everything works the way it is desinged to.
    Rod

MONDAY, JUNE 02, 2008 11:05 PM, CDT Sorry I didn't get anything updated over the weekend.
    Early Friday morning (3:30a) I drove back to Brainerd to pick Charity & Zetta up while Zeffen slept. We got back to the hospital about 9a and Zeffen was up ready to eat breakfast and get out of Dodge. His flush wasn't done until 11:30 so he needed to wait a little longer. Shortly after noon the docs came in and said he could go. We just needed to wait for the pharmacy to fill his meds and we left.
    We then went up to Maple Grove and checked into our motel for a couple of days. Zeffen's soccer team had a tournament and he wanted to be there. Friday evening he was tired so he went to sleep early.
    It didn't really help as Zetta sleeping in the same bed woke him up a couple of times. Saturday he woke up a little on the tired and crabby side and decided not to play in the first game. We took along some of the braclets that we had made and Zetta walked up and down the parents from both teams selling them. She got ride of about half of what we took between our team, THANK YOU and the team from Edina. When we came back for our second game Simon from Courver soccer was there. Zeffen and all of us were happy to see him. Zetta showed him the braclets and he took her to his daughters team, (another team from Edina) and proceeded to sell the rest of what we brought along. thank you for the support EDINA.
    Zeffen played a bit in the second and third games. Even came close to scoring twice in the third game. The team had a great weekend. Tied the first and won the last two so we won our bracket. First time ever for his team.
    Worked Sunday night and Monday morning. Soccer practice and soccer board meeting and here I am finally getting around to writing.
    Zeffen is starting to get a cold so he didn't practice tonight as it was drizzling and 55degrees.
    Tuesday we make a trip to the clinic at the UofM so that Zeffen can get his chemo boost.

THURSDAY, JUNE 05, 2008 08:30 PM, CDT I would like everyone that is praying for Zeffen to please add another person to your prayer list. On Monday Zeffen's teacher, Lisa Jelinski, was diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer on her leg and they are also checking a mole and her lymph node to see if it has spred as it can metasize quickly. This wonderful young lady, early 20s, was an incredable inspiration to Zeffen and help us in ways that she truelly didn't need to. Again please add her to your prayer lists. Thank you!
    Tuesday, Zeffen, Zetta & I made a whirl wind trip to the cities so that Zeffen could get his day 8 chemo boost. We left about 8:30 and were home about 4:30. It went well. Dr Tammie was very happy with how he looked. His blood counts were low accrossed the board. He has been getting the shot to stimulate his White cells since last Friday and his count on Tuesday was only 1.4. His cold has subsided, I took it from him.
    Wednesday and Thursday have been clean the house and lazy days. The weather has continued to be just awefully. We are 5 days into June and we are still running the heat. Zeffen has a sheet and 3 blankets on his bed and he is still shivering cold when he crawls into bed.
    The other thing that has come out today is that Zeffen's legs are feeling a little week. When we were walking around town running errond today he said they feel, "dizzy."

TUESDAY, JUNE 24, 2008 04:36 PM, CDT Well almost 3 weeks have come and gone since the last entry. It was sorta like a somewhat normal June. Charity and I are working and when you mix in the soccer that both kids play plus added time seeing the doctors time has just flown by.
    Zeffen is having fun playing soccer. We have had 2 tournaments. One in Blaine and one in Fargo. Zeffen scored a goal on Saturday at the Fargo tournament. Used his soccer knowledge to put himself in the perfect possition on a corner kick. A very nice cross came in and he volleyed it in off of his leg. We were all exstatic. Little flashes like that help me to stay strong and realize there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Grandpa & Grandma Thurow were in Brainerd for 2 weeks on there summer trip up from Alabama. It was great to see them. Both of the kids were really happy for the whole time they were here.
    Zeffen and I are back in the hospital. Month number 2 of chemo starts today. It is really going to be a long day thou. We were here at 7:30 for some tests. Then went to see the doctor and then come up to the hospital. However when we got up to the floor at 10:15 there were no rooms open and they said it would be atleast 2 hours before one opened up. (Way too many sick kids)
    This however gave Zeffen and I a chance to go to the Minnesota Science Museum and see the Star Wars exhibit. It was really cool. We were standing in line to get our tickets a gentleman came up to us and said he had a couple extra tickets and was wondering if we needed some. So we got to see the IMAX movie and general exhibit for free and the Star Wars exhibit was just $8 a piece.
    Any way at 2:45p I got a call from the hospital that a room was open and Zeffen should come back. We got in about 3:30 and with getting all of the duck in a row when I came down to the computer room at 4:30 they still hadn't started anything yet. His first does of chemo starts 8 hours after the IV flush and the third dose of chem doesn't end until 48 hours after that. So we won't be out of here until some time on Friday morning.

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 25, 2008 09:29 PM, CDT Well we made it throu the first day of chemo. The bad thing about starting it late at night is we won't be able to get out of here until Friday. The good thing is that when Zeffen can't get up and walk around is in the middle of the night when he is sleeping.
    Zeffen's appitite has gone down today. About the only thing that he ate today was a bowl of cereal, part of a grilled cheese sandwich, and a Dairy Queen blizzard, (cookie dough w/chocolate ice cream) that he sent me out for.
    Today we finished building the pieces to the Star Wars game that we got at the science museum yesterday and found out that we don't have enough pieces to play each other. I guess your friends are to get their own. We also watched a couple movies took a little walk around the halls. One more full day Thursday and then the part day on Friday.

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 09:53 PM, CDT Thursday evening is here and it is almost time for the last dose of chemo. Zeffen is still doing very well. The only problem is going to the bathroom but he has been getting some miralax to try and help that situation. The stuff to help his bladder irritation seams to be helping. It's now more like every 90 minutes insted of every 15 to 20.
    Our fun activities today were playing bingo on the hospital game show and moving rooms. Zeffen won at bingo and picked a Tony Stewart model race car. He didn't realize what was invovled in making a model when he picked it. It's something that we can work on together. (Winter is right around the corner).
    We needed to move rooms because water started coming out of the wall. Don't know why but the room is still closed and the engeneers have been in there all afternoon.
    Not sure of the exact time that we will be leaving Friday but my hunch is about noon.
    Saturday we come right back down this way as Zeffen's soccer team has there last tournament in Bursville. It's also going to be a fun filled Sunday for Zetta as she competes in the State Track & Field meet.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 02, 2008 11:06 AM, CDT Thursday evening chemo went well and we got out of the hospital about noon. We had a good drive home did a few things around town and got ready to go back to the cities for the soccer tournament.
    Zeffen had a good tournament. Saturday he played hard. Sunday morning he played so well with so much determination that the other teams coach named him MVP of the game. By Sunday afternoon the chemo and heat of the day had caught up with him but he still worked hard while he was out there. The team won all 3 games.
    Zetta also competed in her first track meet on Sunday morning. Her first event was the 1500m run. She completed it in 8:14 and got third in the 10 and under age group. The other girls that she ran against, all the way up to the highschoolers, were very impressed. Then she did the long jump and jumped 5'1. Then she ran the 800m in 4:21 and took fourth. She took off to fast trying to keep up with the older girls. She did very good and had fun.
    Monday the kids and I ran around town and went to visit Great-Grandma Thyore for her birthday. We got her some bird seed and the kids helped getting the feeders all filled up again.
    In the evening Zeffen's soccer team had a party and they had a great time. Did a little tubing and riding on a jet ski. The smiles were huge.
    Tuesday Zeffen got a chemo boost here at the clinci in Brainerd. They had a bit of a time getting blood return. The lateral side got stuck 4 times and wouldn't produce anything. Then the medial side was stuck and it produced so he was good to go.
    His potasium is down again this month so the increase in orange and baked potato comsumption has started. He isn't a big fan of bananas or green vegies so I get him to eat alot of what he will eat.
    It's the second of July already and the benefit is just around the corner. Thank you to every one for your help and donations and we look forward to seeing you at the Green Lantern on Saturday July 12th.

there, phew....soooo glad I have the copy and paste option

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    thank you Monica for keeping us posted, God IS hearing and answering prayer!!!

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    You know we'll continue to pray.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention again...I will certainly keep this in prayer as well!
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

rekones no está en línea Stack level 2
    My prayers are with him and his family, may god watch over them~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    you are in my prayers and i hope the best and that it all works out

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast