Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

My name is Charity. I am the mother of Zeffen. Zeffen was diagnosed with brain ... Networking with PinStackers forum

cat21678 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Charity

Advertisement

My name is Charity. I am the mother of Zeffen. Zeffen was diagnosed with brain cancer. Monica Simons made me aware of this site. I just wanted to let you all know we all thank you for you'r thoughts and prayers. It is hard but we are becoming a closer family.

Charity

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Thank you Charity. I have many people still asking everyday how he is.....stay strong hun, and I'll call you tomorrow night
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    latest updates from Zeffens Journal...

MONDAY, MARCH 10, 2008 11:45 PM, CDT Another full day for Zeffen on Monday. He woke up feeling good, ate a little breakfast and went to school. I think he found out that it isn't going to be to bad and the morning upset stomaches we had last week might not be coming back. He had reading & math & pe and he said he enjoyed it.
    It was a fairly nice day and since he was feeling so good we decided to walk over to the hospital for radiation treatment. Didn't seem to have to much problem with that either. Got tired about 2 hours after and a little upset stomache but nothing too bad. About 6:30 - 7 area he was feeling good enough that he went down to one of the arcades and had some fun.
    Had some vsitors this evening as uncle Brian & aunt Margo stoped by with some oranges & bananas and visited for a couple of hours.
    Tuesday is a big day. Doctors appointment, blood draw, chemo and radiation. We will be at the hospital from 11:15 until 3:15.
    Rod

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 12, 2008 02:59 PM, CDT Tuesday and Wednesday both went very well for Zeffen. He was a bit worried about chemo so he didn't sleep well and didn't go to school in the morning. He is very apprehencive of getting that slightly larger than normal stuck into his port. Even thou he doesn't want an IV in his hand because that hurts worse we still had to almost fight with him to let the nurse access his port. Once it was in he was fine but the doc decided that it would probably be benificial for a little adivant before it gets done next week.
    The doc said Zeffen looked great. His blood work was good. Hemoglobin 10.5, Platelet 399, WBC 2.3, %Neutrophils 63, abs Neutrophils 1.5.
    Chemo went well. It's a fairly small amount that he gets and the force it into him so I'm amazed how quickly it is over with. Radiation was full so they weren't able to squeeze us in early so we had a little wait over there. It was day six so they made a slight ajustment on the entry angle, (planned adjustment every 5 days). Dr. Dusenbery came out and told me that she got word back from the national radiation team saying that she had nailed the pinpoint for the treatment. She was very pleased to tell me this so I was very happy to hear it.
    About 2-3 hours after chemo Zeffen started to get tired again but I was able to keep him upright and we avoided any headaches this week so hopefully that was just a symtom of the first flooding of his body with treatment. Lastnight he came and crawled in bed with me and needless to say I didn't sleep very well and I don't think he did either.
    This morning Zeffen got up and went to school even thou he was a little tired. About 11:00 he came back with one of the assistance saying he didn't feel good. He took a little nap and by 12:30 was hungry and full of energy. So I decided we would walk over to treatment, the long way. When we got down by the corner to turn towards the parking ramp a fire truck came. It went toward the ramp so Zef ran after it a little bit. It was good to see him run. The fire truck stopped at the parking ramp, and was still there when we left.
    After treatment it was sprinkleing out so I got him to run some more as we tried to avoid the rain drops, dodge puddles, and just be silly. That was probably the most exercise he has had in over a month. Now he is laying on the bed playing Star Wars. Tonight is bounce house night and he is looking forward to that.
    Rod
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me
    Hey Monica, thanks for the update.
    Charity, I will continue to keep Zeffen and your whole family in my prayers.
    8900-user
    DocGo

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    I will also pray!

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    new journal entry from his dad today.....

THURSDAY, MARCH 13, 2008 08:07 PM, CDT A nice day here in the cities today so we took a walk to the hospital again today. We cut through the dorms to make it a little shorter of a walk over and then we walked over by the parking ramp on the way back. Zeffen was a little more tired after the walk today. I couldn't get him to run much today.
    Radiation went well again. The doctor told me after he was done today that she wished everyone was as good as Zeffen is. I also ased her if she was treating ay one else for this and she confirmed something I was starting to gather. Zeffen is the only patient she has in raditation theropy with a Medulloblastoma brain tumor. She knows of one other child that is in phase 2 chemo and those are the only 2 that she even knows of with it.
    We had a small vomiting episode this morning when he woke up so he didn't make it to school again today. Dr Dusenbery suggested that I give him a zofran at night befor he goes to sleep to see if takes away the upset tummies in the morning.
    It was bingo night tonight. I won yazee and Zeffen got shut out this week. Friday we will head home again so that we can see Zetta and Charity.
    Rod

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    I send my thoughts, prayers and fondest aloha to this child and his family. Stick together and it will keep you all strong through this.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Just came upon this thread and of course will keep this little child in our prayers. I also hope the updates will keep coming as this will allow us to follow the progress and be assured that all is OK.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    Hello to my stacker family,

I think this is the right place to post this, if not then feel free to move it Cherri, Hayden or whoever...

The following link that I am going to post is that of a 9 year old child in my daughters class who has just recently been diagnosed with brain cancer. :cry: He will be starting chemo and radiation treatment today, 5 days a week for the next 8 weeks...then ongoing for 10 months. Their family could use our support.

I know that most all of you will have absolutely NO idea who this is, but should that matter?? A small child needs to know that there are others out there thinking of him making it through this... I'm NOT asking you to donate or anything, just take a look at his page and maybe send him a nice thought in the guestbook to keep his spirits up?

Can I count on my fellow stackers to show their support? Or maybe just comment here and I can print it out and give it to his mom, so she can see that others from all around are thinking of them.

Thank you family,
    Monica

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/zeffen
    I will definitely pray for this child

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Newest update from Zeffens hospital journal.....
    Read this and see how others are helping the family out, thank you Mrs. Swanson and your family for your generous offer to Zeffens family!!!! God Bless
    Monica

SUNDAY, MARCH 16, 2008 09:05 PM, CDT Well our quick weekend is over. On Saturday we had an amazing. Charity's car died again and we made the decision to not put any more money into it and look for another car. We went over to Prairie to Pine in Brainerd where we got my car and found a really good deal. It's a 90 Buick Century with only 76,000 miles on it. He gave us $300 for the old car sitting dead in the Walmart parking lot which was a wonderful thing. Then after we got things taken care of and put a down payment of half on it we ran into Mrs. Swanson at Walmart and he told us that their family had prayed about the situation and they were going to pay off the rest of the car. That absolutly amazed us. Thank you.
    Zeffen's white blood count was done on Friday so he had to get a shot each day over the weekend. Hopefully it will have worked and we won't need to have anymore shots. Atleast it shows that the chemo has slowed down his cell production.
    Zetta came down to spend the week with us since she doesn't have school.
    Rod

skandl no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hang in there little man my family's heart and prayers go out to you and yours for a speedy recovery.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    thread bump here is the newest updates that everyone keeps asking for..

TUESDAY, MARCH 18, 2008 06:06 PM, CDT The shots worked. Zeffen's WBC is back up well above where it needs to be so at least he won't need anymore shots until possibly this wekend again.
    Monday Zetta got to see how the radiation works and what it looks like when Zeffen is getting it. Monday also ended up being an advanturous day as we went downtown for the T-Wolves game. A couple of tickets were left in the office for someone to use and that someone ended up being us. They were some really good tickets and the Wolves won which made it that much better. Zetta got a poster of the cheerleaders and got it signed by 4 of them. She thought that was awesome. Zeffen didn't want one.
    Tuesday of course is our long day at the doctor. Zeffen was much, much better today with getting his port accessed for blood work and chemo. They doctor said Zeffen still looked great and the cough he has is just a cold. Zeffen is still getting sick of all the hacking thou.
    Also being Tuesday they changed the angle of the radiation theropy again. So it took a few minutes longer for them to get done today but he still did a very good job of laying still.
    Rod

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 19, 2008 07:34 PM, CDT We had some interesting moments today. First off when we went to bed lastnight Zeffen said he felt all itchy and wanted to take a shower as soon as he got up this morning. We took the shower and found out why he was so itchy - he is loosing his hair. When we got done I dried his hair and he needed to get back in the shower to rinse his body off. I'm not possitive how he is feeling about it. One time he will say "it's just hair , no big deal" and the next he will ask a question like "daddy when will it grow back?"
    We also had some interesting tempor moments today. It was a nice day out so we walked to the hospital and he really didn't want to. He even through such a fit that he through himself on the ground. Once we got to radiation and all the ladies "oooohhed" and "aaahhhed" over how he was feeling, then everything was better and the walk back was just fine.
    Both Zeffen and Zetta enjoyed the bounce house this evening and then they even came and watched the movie with me even thou they said they weren't going to. The movie was "Enchanted" and Zetta said it was really good.
    We are now in our room watching "Troy" and Zeffen's head is really starting to itch as he is rubbing himself bald.
    Rod

cat21678 no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Zeffen update.

Zeffen began to lose his hair in big clumps. Rod was then able to shave the rest off. We had a great Easter together. They are now back in the Twin Cities for another week of chemo and radiation. Thank u all so much for your prayers.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    He's in my prayers for sure.

PIN/ID
    ASKME
    newest update from Zeffens journal. PS thanks Charity for the update on the losing of his hair. Just let him know the whole world is praying for him, if you read this soon you should see that the prayers are still coming in every day!!

THURSDAY, MARCH 20, 2008 07:43 PM, CDT For some reason Zeffen had a really rough night. He just couldn't sleep and kept me up and crabby until 2:30 or so.
    This morning Zeffen took another shower and decided he wanted the rest of his hair clipped off. So this afternoon we tracked down a clipper at the hospital and got the rest shaved off.
    Tonight was bingo and we did well. Zeffen and Zetta each won twice and I won once. Zeffen got a car that he can build and a ripplies believe it or not book. Zetta got a hannah montana doll and some barbi cloths. I got a uno delux game.
    Friday morning we will pack things up and be ready to go as soon as Zeffen is done with radiation, which I got moved up to 1:15. The weather terrorist say that there is going to be a snow storm starting tonight and going into tommorrow. Hopefully they will be wrong again or it will stay to the south.
    Rod

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast