Everytime I tried to view video on my BB bold I get a blank black ... Networking with PinStackers forum

olutayor no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    e2178F5

CANT VIEW VIDEO ON BB BOLD

Advertisement

Everytime I tried to view video on my BB bold I get a blank black page and a message that adobe flash need to be downloaded. When I try to download it an error message "adobe flash is not available for your device" apears. What can I do to be watching video on my BB.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    BlackBerrys do not support Flash as of yet. Rumors are that it's coming, but unfortunately it's not here yet.

You can definitely watch videos on your device, but they just cannot be in Flash format.

PIN/ID
    e2178F5
    Thank you for your prompt response. Which BB app can I download to view video on my BB or is it surpose to be a standard feature? If yes how do I activate it? Thanks.

Here are the supported media formats for the 9700.

And those you should be able to play through the stock media player on the device.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Are you running 5.0 OS or 6.0? I have 6.0 and the stock video player works fine and I also use youtube to watch video's.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    e2178F5
    I am running 6.0 and hav tried video from youtube without success.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    you have the youtube app loaded on your device and it won't play? hmmmm I would love to help you but I'm confused as to why it's not working for you. I have been doing some research maybe something will kick in soon. I couldn't play youtube videos either til I went to appworld and loaded the app, since then it's been fine

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    e2178F5
    I can also go try from tha app world maybe version issue is up here. Thanks so much.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    olutayor, are you connected to wifi when you are trying to play youtube videos?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I found that vs 6 works using the browser and the YouTube App on my Torch and my wife's Style. Another option would be to try the Bolt Browser which would allow videos to be watched through the browser on older vs of the operating system. Chokem makes a good point since the network may not be fast enough to download the video. Have you checked how much memory you have, (this may be an issue if the memory is low). Try running it directly after a battery pull to clear the memory. Also on the browser go to options go down to clear browsing data, clear Cookies, Cache, and pushed content.