How U Doin, I Never thought I would ever have a Blackberry! My company dropped ... Networking with PinStackers forum

92FS no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E7C497

can't leave well enough alone(noob)

Advertisement

How U Doin,

I Never thought I would ever have a Blackberry! My company dropped T-Mobile and went with cingular and got us all 7290's. Now I'm not one to "leave well enough alone". It has to be faster, better, bigger or at least a different color. So I find myself looking for add-on's, app's, games, and all types of software to make my little brick better or different from all the rest. I do have 1 (one) serious question: My company purchased these pieces of diversivied technology, BUT we are not prmitted to use the internet in any way shape or form. Is there a way to delete, remove or otherwise disable the entire set of browser apps?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Ew thats a great question... I am assuming that your IT dept has set these beauties up for you. Unless they delete or allow apps on your bb i seriously doubt you alone can tweak them .
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

PIN/ID
    23E7C497
    (a slight chuckle is heard) There is no IT dept, and I had to tell them to relay NOT to turn off the "wireless" off....Sorry that sounded angry. The corporate infrastructure is very limited, (single owner/president/CEO..technically challanged). I truly appreciate the response, and I make daily, vague attempts to adjust the 7290 without hardware or sofware damage. It is truly overwhelming to have forums with such a wide knowledge base AND friendly people to deal with!
    Thank YOU

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello 92FS, welcome to pinstack. There is still tons of stuff you can do to your BB without internet. Here is where you will find all of that...

PIN/ID
    23E7C497
    I agree and Thank You. Yes this does seem like the place to be. (I like the "cat")

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5
    You can hide the browser applications by highlighting the application, and pressing the Alt key and the trackwheel, select the option to hide the application and you will no longer see it on the home screen. Oh yeah, welcome to Pinstack!

PIN/ID
    23E7C497
    Thank You msbrenda64, it was "magic" how the icons vanished from the screen! By the way Thanks to all, for the welcomes, and responses!