i installed my sim card to my black berry but i cannot access any of ... Networking with PinStackers forum

darknessis no está en línea Stack level 1

can't access sim card

Advertisement

i installed my sim card to my black berry but i cannot access any of of music or videos etc.. from the card, when i go to the media section?

please help me asap

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: can't access sim card

Welcome to the Stacks Darknessis. Take out the SIM card and replace it to make sure it is seated correctly. I would also do a battery pull reset (take out battery with BB on then wait at least 30 seconds before reinserting it).

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

darknessis, Welcome to PinStack.

Are you talking about the MicroSD Media Card, or you SIM card.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sry about that what i meant to say was my sim card is working ( yea i'm a noob) but i can't access my contacts, video's and music from my MicroSD Media Card. IS there a way to access it or loadit onto my pearl? when i go into the media folder and media card (nothing shows ups) please help me?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Have you saved anything to your media card? If you haven't transfered anything to your media card, there won't be anything to see there. Tell us what you have done? And your contacts won't ever be on the media card.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

i have saved video's, music, pic's and my entire address book on my card from my previous phone and i copied them onto the card. but i can't c anything when i put it onto the pearl.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I think you would need to back up the data on your card then wipe it clean, then format the card on your bb and then download data from your PC using BB desktop manager.

Gaz.

i thought there would b another way thanks guys

iMacj no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3070F784

Don't erase the card yet if you haven't done so!
    First of all are you looking for the files on the BB or have you tried looking for them from your computer while connected using the mass storage option?

I have had issues trying to see my files while thumbing the BB just yesterday, no matter how many times I searched through the media card. I rebooted the phone and there they were.

Make sure you have the mass storage option turned on or your BB will not recognize the card is there. It's under options, media card.

Connect your sync cable. the BB will most likely ask you if you want to use mass storage, click yes. An icon will appear on your computer desktop.

Double click it and you should at least be able to see the files even if you can not open them. If so the card is FINE. The issue is whether or not the BB can see them.

You can not open all types of files on the BB itself. It is an O/S limitation. Although I believe you can open pics, songs and ring tones.

I can not open stored files like: doc, pdf, etc.
    Hope that helps.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

It may be that the formating of your other Phone on your Media Card is not compatible with your Blackberry. Can your PC read your media card as is. If so copy everything to your PC, format your Media Card in your BB and then copy everything but the Address Book back to the appropriate folder on your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer