Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

As far as I can figure Twitter is just a Facebook Status app. All you ... Networking with PinStackers forum

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

Can someone help me to understand Twitter?

Advertisement

As far as I can figure Twitter is just a Facebook Status app. All you can really do is update your status right?

Anyhow, I signed up... here's me: http://twitter.com/krikdotca

I'd love to see how this thing works so I can understand how people can become so hooked on it. Lol.

Thanks for the help.
    I believe in paying for quality products!
    Support PinStack.com by getting a premium membership.
    Click HERE for your membership options

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    following you now ...

you are right, its more or less what i consider an IM of sorts

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Its a blog nano.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i definitely prefer facebook over twitter....twitter is essentially the "status" portion of facebook

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    can twitter and facebook talk to each other?
    this was the issue i had when i first loaded facebook. with myspace, twitter and facebook, i have no time for my real family -- much less my virtual family

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Ya ~ I had to give up on facebook because of the lack of time, no twitter for me either.

Paddygirl16 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247492D3
    I am totally hooked on twitter. Alot of the bbm buddies are on my follow list and visa versa. It is very addicting, once you get the hang of it.
    PIN 24749D3

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Microblogging is the rage... I am a big fan now (after initial doubts).

The business aspect cannot be overlooked. Even though FB and Twitter are compatible (some folks use Twitter to update FaceBook), I keep mine separate.

I think the key is for one to not look at Twitter as a stripped down FB, but think of it as an independent networking tool. FB helps me to get in touch with existing friends; Twitter helps find new ones. It helps me keep abreast of new ministry trends that FaceBook simply cannot.

I posted about a situation I had with Telenav on Twitter. Within minutes, an executive had contacted me. Within the hour, the situation was fixed. Unbelievable!

I always say to watch the things the trendsetters are involved in. What are the influential folks doing?

Twitter tops the list.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I still don't get it
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I still don't get it
    LOL!

I didn't at first... but since I am in ministry (and networking is key), I got into it, and found that it is good as gold. I get to "meet" some very influential people.

It helped me get my blog listed on some major specialty sites (like Alltop)... it also gives me an avenue to brush brains with folks smarter than me (well, everybody!).

Case in point... I tweeted about Hayden's software contests. Those are always popular.

I still say at the least, BB enthusiasts should "follow" major vendors and such. Very useful.

eyecon82 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    Microblogging is the rage... I am a big fan now (after initial doubts).

The business aspect cannot be overlooked. Even though FB and Twitter are compatible (some folks use Twitter to update FaceBook), I keep mine separate.

I think the key is for one to not look at Twitter as a stripped down FB, but think of it as an independent networking tool. FB helps me to get in touch with existing friends; Twitter helps find new ones. It helps me keep abreast of new ministry trends that FaceBook simply cannot.

I posted about a situation I had with Telenav on Twitter. Within minutes, an executive had contacted me. Within the hour, the situation was fixed. Unbelievable!

I always say to watch the things the trendsetters are involved in. What are the influential folks doing?

Twitter tops the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre Lawrence View Post
    LOL!

I didn't at first... but since I am in ministry (and networking is key), I got into it, and found that it is good as gold. I get to "meet" some very influential people.

It helped me get my blog listed on some major specialty sites (like Alltop)... it also gives me an avenue to brush brains with folks smarter than me (well, everybody!).

Case in point... I tweeted about Hayden's software contests. Those are always popular.

I still say at the least, BB enthusiasts should "follow" major vendors and such. Very useful.
    thanks for the detailed info...I'll have to give this a shot!! I didn't know you can follow companies as well

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I gave up on Twitter because it never showed me anything on my 'Berry. No updates on anything. I use FaceBook and MySpace more.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    so based on the following information it sounds like giving twitter a chance is a good idea
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    okay okay.... Follow me on Twitter.... Sirthinks
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Thanks for the "follow" guys... just followed you...

Yep, I signed up for it and kinda gave up on it. Then I stumbled on some ways people were using it in ministry. Remember YouVersion? Word of that was almost entirely by Twitter (at least, the Blackberry port was).

The search tool is useful. I always search for BlackBerry stuff, software I am reviewing, anything I am interested in that very second.

A lot of it is drivel, but there are some good nuggets of info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast