have a locked bb 8700cc. soft reset does not help. Dont want to loose data, ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Misenka no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can anyone help here?

Advertisement

have a locked bb 8700cc.
    soft reset does not help.
    Dont want to loose data, so can I do hard reset? Some say you loose data some say I dont.
    Does anyone know about this? I cant loose data as it is not backed up....any input would help.
    Thanks to anyone in advance

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    What do you mean by locked? Tried a battery pull? You won't lose anything from that...
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

Misenka no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes, tried battery pull, does not help.
    tried alt+cap+del, does not help.
    phone does not work.
    white screen is just turning on and off with red light, that all.
    next thing is heard reset BUT:
    does hard reset wipes out the data? cannot afford to loose data as it is not backed up....

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Misenka, just to be sure have you tried to connect to a p-c to see if you can run a backup? Since it's locked up I doubt that that would work but thoughT I'd ask.
    I think a battery pull won't cause you to lose any data. If you still have good data on it it should be there after a battery pull/reboot. Good luck.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Sorry. I'm WAP. I see you've tried the battery pull already. There's a procedure for restoring your system when the computer won't recognize you BB but not sure how that impacts your data.

if you haven't backed up and you can't backup it sounds like (eventually) you're going to have to take you chances to get it restored however you can.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

kashishd no está en línea Stack level 1

try this

Hi I faced the same problem with my curve, remove the battery and plug in the usb, your phone should get detected by bb desktop manager. You can then take a backup followed by an OS reinstall, please remember to plug in your battery when the OS installation starts. Hope it works out for u..all the best

Misenka, I was WAP earlier and couldn't get to this info but, at some point and I hope it's after you're able to get yourself a backup, this procedure may help you get your BB up and restored.

Check this thread and basically the same info here on BB.com.

I hope that helps some. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com