Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by Jbee Kool tat 4-Christ...great verse! "I am the light of the world..." ... Networking with PinStackers forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Kool tat 4-Christ...great verse! "I am the light of the world..."
    thanx Jbee, I read what you said about your tat, Im kind of the same way, I got them before I was saved. Im not knocking tatoos or anyone that has them in ANY way, its a personal choice. Now I would not get another one and haven't in 12 years. Thats just my opinion.

disctosser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    thanx Jbee, I read what you said about your tat, Im kind of the same way, I got them before I was saved. Im not knocking tatoos or anyone that has them in ANY way, its a personal choice. Now I would not get another one and haven't in 12 years. Thats just my opinion.
    I would love to hear your reasoning behind the change in mindset between when you weren't a Christian and now. Why wouldn't you get another? Moral issues?

I am not wanting a debate but just interested in hearing others feelings on faith and ink. I took a lot of slack when I was a Christian and had tattoos and would love to hear what changed your mind about them.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    For me, mainly pain and $$$. I would much rather buy a BB. lol!!!! As far as for, personal convictions...if one believes it is wrong in their heart, then it is wrong. There are many verses in God's Word that could lead to that type of personal conviction. As far as for anyone judging another person, hypocritically, that's another story. God knows a man's heart, that is what He sees...not this body of flesh. If any one wants to BBM me for more info, feel free. But don't be offended if I don't respond right away...3rd shift.

Great question BTW.
    Last edited by Jbee; 12-06-2008 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Typo...

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    I just always got the 'your body is a temple' lecture. So I always responded with 'now my temple has stained glass windows!'

I dig your comment that if someone believes it is wrong then it is but that doesn't make it wrong for everyone. That kind of philosophy could solve a lot of problems in the world today.

~via BB.(wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    like I said, to each his own. every one of his is responsible for his or her own salvation. like Jbee said, its a personal conviction (for me). made a lot of mistakes, continue to make a lot of mistakes, but its the STRIVING to enter in at the straight and narrrow gate, that as I see it, counts. I cant really give you one specific thing that made me change my mind, when I was saved, i simply didnt want to put any more tats on myself. just one mans belief

explorer125 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    208f1fc5
    I have two right now. A heart with my mentally handicapped sisters name in it (she means the world to me) and a tribal design. I'd post pics if I could
    But not allowed to yet
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by disctosser View Post
    I just always got the 'your body is a temple' lecture. So I always responded with 'now my temple has stained glass windows!'

same here!

< grandfather was a southern baptist preacher

most of my tats have a spiritual meaning (to me at least) ... my body art is just that, art ... and i chose my skin as the canvas

and jbee, you are right...he looks at your heart, what is within

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by disctosser View Post

I dig your comment that if someone believes it is wrong then it is but that doesn't make it wrong for everyone. That kind of philosophy could solve a lot of problems in the world today.

The "philosophy" is from the Bible.

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." James 4:17 (ESV)

(On the same hand, if you are believer and fail to seek the answer for the thing your are in question of....?)
    Last edited by Jbee; 12-06-2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: typo

blkwolf03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good looking tats on here
    heres my couple:
    the tribal wings are on my back and my sons footprint is on the back of my calf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blkwolf03; 12-06-2008 at 04:49 AM.

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    The "philosophy" is from the Bible.

"So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." James 4:17 (ESV)

(On the same hand, if you are believer and fail to seek the answer for the thing your are in question of....?)
    Actually, I was more concerned with the not holding others to your own convictions. also, I am fairly certain that 'philosophy' may predate the bible by a few thousand years. It is preached in the bible, as you referenced, but a lot of other faiths believe the same.

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    ........and now back to our regularly scheduled program........lol....

PIN/ID
    ask me!
    My bad. Didn't mean to hijack/derail the thread.

How about that ink?!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    Quote Originally Posted by blkwolf03 View Post
    Good looking tats on here
    heres my couple:
    the tribal wings are on my back and my sons footprint is on the back of my calf

well looky there hayden u marked a member for life.. lol just playin.. ps- i wanna get the same thing, just the lil guys feet when he is born and the name right under the feel will be the childa name.. sweet piece..

about the whole spiritual artwork on the body. im anti i believe ita a blasphemy to have any religious aret on the body unless its to pay respects to a lost member and even then not a big fan but every 1 has their take in that.. no h8r here just what i feel.. keep the tatz coming i wanna c more..

stone gr8 call on this thread
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Oh how did I miss this thread... I will have to take some pictures of my tatts and I agree that after viewing you guys tatts makes me one a few more. I have two right now but hey I lots of skin and maybe if others will show theirs it will give me some more ideas.
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    As soon as all the bandages from my knee surgery come off I will take a pic of my tat. It's a fantasy type bird of paradise on my left outer thigh. I got it as my 30th Bday present.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast