When buying a phone and they said there is a blocked Pin? meaning you cannot ... Networking with PinStackers forum

illestchix no está en línea Stack level 1

Blocked Pin

Advertisement

When buying a phone and they said there is a blocked Pin? meaning you cannot use BB messenger?

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Where did you buy the Phone? It sounds as if you purchased it from someone.. if thats the case you should contact the person who sold it to you. I would imagine that if you have a blocked pin you woulnt be able to use the bbm.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm...it could be worse than that. If this device was reported as stolen, then it might be blacklisted (and will never work as a BB again). Better get them to explain exactly what they meant by that.

well i didnt buy it yet, I have a pearl....but I looked on forums to purchase a BOLD and they said the PIN is blocked and it was bought from Rogers.

yeah.. I wanted to say that.. no reason for a pin to be Blocked unless it has a problem.

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's making no sense....get them to explain exactly what they mean by that.

I tried that way too, one guy said do your research, and i tried searching for the past hour and I cant find anything in regards to this issue.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    More than likely the phone is stolen and they are just trying to sell it to make some money do you know the person that selling the phone

well there are a couple online not just one, i saw a couple on craigs list and howard forums that say blocked PIN

That really dont make much since usually the only time that a pin would be block would be because the carrier blacklisted the phone cause it was stolen

If you have the option of getting out of that deal, I would and just go ahead and buy a BB that don't have that problem.

I would agree Carter it just seems a little to fishy for me. I dont think I could spend my hard earned money on something that I dont know what im getting into

KyleBB8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FD63A5
    When phones are shipped from the manufacturer (RIM) to the distributors (T-Mobile, Rogers, etc) - the SN's are on a checklist. If any of those phones are not on the truck when the truck arrives - the SN's and corresponding PIN's are blacklisted from BIS/BES networks.

So yeah, having fallen off the back of a truck - you'll get a sweet deal. However, you probably won't be able to use that phone at all.

No BIS/BES = no happy

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Been reading around a bit and found on another forum that PINs were blocked by RIM on all pre-production models, but it throws up a red flag for me when the seller won't tell you what it means and expects you to do your own research.

atleastzero no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2420565A
    "Do your research?"

That is one shady salesman. I would run away from that deal and never look back.
    www.ATLEASTZERO.com -~- my WebComic
    PIN: 2420565A -~- T-Mo 8320 4.5.0.52