Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi i need some help urgently, My blackberry 8320 keeps restarting randomly several times throughout ... Networking with PinStackers forum

topshoota no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry problem Urgent!

Advertisement

Hi i need some help urgently, My blackberry 8320 keeps restarting randomly several times throughout the day , mainly when i am in a phone call. I have updated it several times, even tried reinstalling the os, but it still has this problem, could somone please please help me with this , thank you

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do you have a media card in the device and if so, did you do the upgrades with the card in the device? Try taking the card out and see if the reboots continue.

Yes i had the media card in when i did the upgrades, but now that you said that i have taken it out , will try it an reply if it works soon

twinnmann no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20d0bf98
    I had this happened to my 8320. After about I week of trouble shooting with Tmo and two brand new batteries. I had to have the berry replaced.

There is/was an issue which seemed to be prevalent with the 8320 that if one did an OS upgrade with the media card in the device, files on the card would be corrupted resulting in the random reboots. Might not be your problem, but it's worth checking into.

I took out the media card and tried using it without one , but it is still continues to restart, any ideas?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    You said you tried re-installing the OS, so my next bet would be a low-level wipe with a program such as BBSAK and then re-installing it just to make sure any bad code is gone. I would even re-download a copy of the OS, remove the one on my PC, and re-install. That would eliminate software issues. If it still doesn't work, I'd say hardware glitch for sure. Does it happen even if the device is plugged into the charger?

yes it does, i can text an do all sorts of stuff on it fine only until i am in a call it starts restarting, i am going to try what you said with the low level wipe, will post back soon

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Please do. Would like to isolate the error in case anyone else comes across it.

hi again, The low level wipe and reinstallation did not help, it is still randomly restarting during calls., anymore ideas??

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Did you do the wipe without the media card installed?

yes, i removed the media card first

How about changing the battery? Have you tried that?

no i have not yet, but i didn't wanna buy a new battery and its not that, idk, but even after the restart the battery is full still and i can do anything with the phone an it won't restart till i make or answer a call then like 10 seconds into the call it restarts ,

Well, doesn't sound like a battery issue, but it's worth a shot to rule out that possibility. You can always return the battery. If it's not the battery then it could definitely be a hardware issue. How old is the phone? Do you have insurance on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast