Is there such a thing as bb messenger spam? I've gotten two invites in bb ... Networking with PinStackers forum

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Blackberry Messenger spam?

Advertisement

Is there such a thing as bb messenger spam? I've gotten two invites in bb messenger, both of them were not PINs I recognized and I couldnt find them anywhere in pinstack. Weirdly, the second one, when I clicked on it, went to a screen in german -- I think it was the "do you want to accept this invitation" screen, but only in german. Any ideas? I know absolutely nothing about bb messenger btw ...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Blackberry Messenger spam?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    For what it is worth, I have never once gotten a spam on Blackberry messenger. I've had one time where someone typed in the wrong PIN trying to reach someone else, but never spam. Very interesting. I'll be interested to hear what you find out

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This may be more possible than we know, since there is already a program to pin from the web.

I'm just going to decline the invitation. the only people who could legitimately contact me on bb messenger are people on this forum and possibly the carrier. I'll let you know if I receive any other strange invites.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

i have had some stackers send me requests just to say hi

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

keep in mind, not all of us post our pin in the profile, so if you search for them here you may not always find them..
    Michael

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    Is there such a thing as bb messenger spam? I've gotten two invites in bb messenger, both of them were not PINs I recognized and I couldnt find them anywhere in pinstack. Weirdly, the second one, when I clicked on it, went to a screen in german -- I think it was the "do you want to accept this invitation" screen, but only in german. Any ideas? I know absolutely nothing about bb messenger btw ...
    I got a lot of invites in Spanish when I was using my BB. That's just the invite in their native language.

that's true about not everyone posting their pin, maybe I'll accept it and go from there.

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

If you accept the invite and find out it is spammer can't you just delete the new contact so they can't spam you anymore?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JFinley no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32b296d0

Yes, you cold delete them, however they could continue to send you PIN messages. I'm sure that it would violate the users ToS agreement in someway. Not that anyone in authority would hold them accountable. I've been sent over 600 sms's in less than 2 hours before all containing the text "lol" and my provider nor theirs would take action.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~