Okay I own a small business with 8 sales reps and just switched to Tmobile. ... Networking with PinStackers forum

laihuy1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Messenger is confusing

Advertisement

Okay I own a small business with 8 sales reps and just switched to Tmobile. Since we arent making strides like I had hoped I have gotten them all blackberry 7105t but without the blackberry data plans. So in essence it's an overpriced phone. I added unlimited text messaging for each phone so that they stay in contact with one another. My question is this can I download BB messenger to each phone? 2. Once dl since this is a PIN service does it count as email or IM. THe phone came with yahoo and google and msn messenger. I dont want that on the phones because those are personal IM. I want them to use the IM for business hence the BB messenger. So do I have to add the blackberry enterprise feature or simply Download BB messenger and let them IM and is it free or atleast count as a text message?

SHAWNY no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4013F062

Re: Blackberry Messenger is confusing

Just download the BB messenger and add every one's PIN and you should be ok. It should be free from PIN to PIN.
    ~~Shhhh dont tell~~

laihuy1 no está en línea Stack level 1

so i dont need to purchase a data plan at all right? this all counts as text messaging and IMs right? Lastly will the app dl to the 7105t thanks a mill.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

BB Messenger works fine on the 7105t. Ask andrewd, he is a TMobile rep, personal friend, and I set it up on his BB for him today, also showed him this site and he signed up!

andrewd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24F779B

Yeah that's me

anyway I just got my 7105T today awsome phone, aswsome features (thanks Chris) I ow you one

It's an awsome phone with a lot of different features to learn. My first suggestion when I got my phone was to get the T-mobile 8700 Software for it, it creates so much more for it.

so a big suggestion
    Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Isn't a data plan required to use anything in addition to voice and SMS?

(I'm only asking because I thought a data plan was mandatory to use PIN messages.)

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

I thought so also. My friend has just phone and D/C. I tried to PIN him and its still pending.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

A data plan is an absolute necessity to use BB Messenger. It uses PIN messaging which is on the RIM Network not SMS text. You must have a data connection to the RIM Network and that requires a Data Plan from your Cell Provider.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

So what is you request someone by email? I do that all the time. I never even got their pins.

bigmatt no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    A data plan is an absolute necessity to use BB Messenger. It uses PIN messaging which is on the RIM Network not SMS text. You must have a data connection to the RIM Network and that requires a Data Plan from your Cell Provider.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    i thought you need it. beacuse when i had a 7520 on boost i couldnt use the bb messenger.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    So what is you request someone by email? I do that all the time. I never even got their pins.
    ---
    Chris, I think that when you do that, your pin is included in the Invite request message that is sent to their email address. When they accept the invite, that provides their Pin to your handheld, or wherever the BB Messenger contacts are stored. You can then see their Pin if you go to View Contact Info from the menu.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr