Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My girlfriend (T-Mobile) just got the data plan last week and can search the internet ... Networking with PinStackers forum

Wrekonize no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Messenger

Advertisement

My girlfriend (T-Mobile) just got the data plan last week and can search the internet fine. Although she can not add contacts to BB messenger. I've tried adding her, she's tried adding me. Battery pulls. Deleting each other. Re-adding. Nothing seems to be working. We both have t mobile and the data plan.

Why can't we add each other?

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

Re: Blackberry Messenger

Are you sure that you are adding via PIN number? I had a similar problem, but I just had to go to add a contact....scroll all the way up in my address book to "use once"...then hit the blackberry key...choose request by PIN...then enter my friends' PINs there. Hope this helps!

tdisom no está en línea Stack level 2

Go to BB messenger go to your contacts open the menu and select add contact. This will take you to your address book. Go all the way to the top of your address book and select (use once). Then it will ask for an Email: you must use the t-mobile email address. Then send it. She will have to accept your invite. I don't think she has to invite you. Try this and let me know if it works.
    Cannnnnt Stoooooooop Tyyyyyyyping!!!!

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Either one of these methods will work. The easiest method is requesting by pin because that's the mode of communication that you are using in BB messenger. Its also called pin to pin messaging. Hope this works, let us know.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've tried similar. Like I have her PIN saved in the address book under her name and then I'd add contact and click her name and send the same request. And for the T-mobile is the email hernumber@tmomail.com? ie/ 5551234567@tmomail.com??

Ok, I'll try it tonight when i see her.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

tdisom no está en línea Stack level 2

The t-moblie email address should be something like (joeschmoe@tmo.blackberry.net) If you and or her have not created this email account then this wont work. It was the easiest way for me.
    Cannnnnt Stoooooooop Tyyyyyyyping!!!!

The thing is that I have 6 other contacts on BB messenger, and she is new to it. She has the data plan cause i called T mo for her to get it.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Easiest and most recommended way is to add by PIN, my first linked thread above. She must have a data plan in order to add.

Ive repeated numerous times and in everypost that she has a data plan. I set it up for her. Called T mo and got the data plan for her. She can surf the web in the pearl just fine. But she can not add anyone on BB messenger. I am pending on hers and shes pending on mine

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I've seen in all of your posts that you have said that and am not doubting you, it was just a reminder
    Try adding by PIN with the method in my first link in post #6 above and see if that works.
    Anytime a BBM add remains pending like this it indicates a couple things:

1) Lack of data plan by one or both parties
    2) Problems with BBM application itself

If it is the latter issue, then you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling BBM on both your and your gf's BB's. You must have your OS downloaded and installed on your PC, and run DM then App Loader to do this.
    With App Loader open, to uninstall BBM you will uncheck BBM and click Next and let it run and your BB will reboot after process is completed.
    Then restart App Loader and repeat the process this time Checking BBM and clicking Next, and letting the process
    go through, BB reboot.
    Be sure to do a backup using DM first so your contacts are saved.
    Or you can re-add any existing contacts you might have.
    BBM is weird like this sometimes.

Ok I'll try reloading the app on hers and see what happens, I'll report back later.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

yeah Wrekonize, if your BBmessenger works fine for other contacts, then I would start with uninstalling her BB messenger and reinstalling. All that said, pin messaging is pretty simple, can't think of anything else to do...sorry

djdeerock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK!

It sounds simplistic, but if you haven't tried yet....instead of going to her in the address book. Actually go to the "use once" option at the top of the list and manually type the PIN in. I would place a bet on the fact that that will work for you.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah I would suggest adding by pin. Also make sure she doesn't have special characters and such in her username make sure it is just a name and try adding by pin. Sometimes special characters or even a , or - will cause issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast