Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

BlackBerry Messenger is an instant messenger application for your BlackBerry that allows you to chat ... Networking with PinStackers forum

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    16

    BlackBerry Messenger

    Advertisement



    BlackBerry Messenger is an instant messenger application for your BlackBerry that allows you to chat in real time with other BlackBerry users. It uses PIN to PIN messaging and includes group chat and file transfer. Seems pretty cool.

  2. #2
    mrpink57's Avatar
    mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    PIN/ID
    320F8773
    Posts
    91
    So far probably the best app on my device as of right now.

    pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.


  3. #3
    oldwolf's Avatar
    oldwolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    PIN/ID
    202945D7
    Posts
    8

    Definately is cool!

    Definately is cool! Only problem now is finding others with Blackberries that you can add :-) Also is messenger based on pin messaging? Ie:- some with messenger in USA and in Aust being able to chat and know when the other is online?

  4. #4
    mrpink57's Avatar
    mrpink57 no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    PIN/ID
    320F8773
    Posts
    91

    Re: Definately is cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by oldwolf
    Definately is cool! Only problem now is finding others with Blackberries that you can add :-) Also is messenger based on pin messaging? Ie:- some with messenger in USA and in Aust being able to chat and know when the other is online?
    yes it is PIN based, it is basically a interface for PIN messaging. Gives it a nice look, and there are a lot of users on it like myself.

    pink
    Do you know what this is? Its the world's smallest violin playing just for the waitresses.


  5. #5
    blkberryme's Avatar
    blkberryme no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    PIN/ID
    400A829F
    Posts
    22

    Finding BB messenger users

    hi stackers! Its me, Trish! There's lots of us messenger users out there an many more jumpin on the wagon..so to speak lol. Feel free to add me to your list, would like to meet you an chat, plus I have lots of friends for ya to meet
    Hey holla at me!

  6. #6
    lpowell's Avatar
    lpowell no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    PIN/ID
    40072986
    Posts
    45
    Trish, you have got to be the happiest person in the world this messenger is definately the best, but oldwolf is right, finding people to message :lol: HOLLA :P

  7. #7
    oldwolf's Avatar
    oldwolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    PIN/ID
    202945D7
    Posts
    8

    What a Blast!!!

    Well I must say I had my first experience with pinning today and damn "What A Blast". The ability to send a message accross the world or chat after being notified that your new friend has just turned on his mobile. Damn sweet!!! Looking forward to chatting!

  8. #8
    airmale's Avatar
    airmale no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    PIN/ID
    2024B15C
    Posts
    22

    BB Messenger

    Yes, the BlackBerry messenger is a cool application that allows PIN to PIN messaging for BlackBerry users. It's a useful chat application. Everyone should get it and post your PIN on this website. Just point your BB browser to www.blackberry.com/messenger.
    If you don't have it installed, just send me a standart PIN message. That's fine too. I look forward to hearing from everyone out there in the world. my PIN: 2024B15C Thanks! Jeff

  9. #9
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440

    Re: BB Messenger

    Quote Originally Posted by airmale
    Yes, the BlackBerry messenger is a cool application that allows PIN to PIN messaging for BlackBerry users. It's a useful chat application. Everyone should get it and post your PIN on this website. Just point your BB browser to www.blackberry.com/messenger.
    If you don't have it installed, just send me a standart PIN message. That's fine too. I look forward to hearing from everyone out there in the world. my PIN: 2024B15C Thanks! Jeff
    lets have a PIN meet at the end of every month. I think Trish should host

  10. #10
    hannahbell's Avatar
    hannahbell no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    PIN/ID
    3012c397
    Posts
    12
    hi there - tested messenger yesterday, it worked fine for a few hours and then threw a java exception error and wouldn't allow me open a conversation - I've reinstalled this am but so far I think there is no change, in which case I may have to remove the program...
    any suggestions?

    thanks!
    Hannah

  11. #11
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahbell
    hi there - tested messenger yesterday, it worked fine for a few hours and then threw a java exception error and wouldn't allow me open a conversation - I've reinstalled this am but so far I think there is no change, in which case I may have to remove the program...
    any suggestions?

    thanks!
    Hannah
    what service provider are you with?

  12. #12
    hannahbell's Avatar
    hannahbell no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    PIN/ID
    3012c397
    Posts
    12
    service provider is Rogers - I'm in Atlantic Canada. As you mentioned, Cingular do not support messenger but that would only be an issue for me with this provider if I am travelling as Rogers shares the ATT/Cingular network in some areas. In PEI, we only have Rogers, Telus, and Aliant!

    no problems since I reinstalled, so maybe it was just a hiccup. :?:

  13. #13
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahbell
    service provider is Rogers - I'm in Atlantic Canada. As you mentioned, Cingular do not support messenger but that would only be an issue for me with this provider if I am travelling as Rogers shares the ATT/Cingular network in some areas. In PEI, we only have Rogers, Telus, and Aliant!

    no problems since I reinstalled, so maybe it was just a hiccup. :?:
    most likely. ttyl

  14. #14
    nutsnbolts's Avatar
    nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    201
    This is definately a nice tool, especially who you have friends that have a blackberry as well.

  15. #15
    nutsnbolts's Avatar
    nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    201

    Re: What a Blast!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by oldwolf
    Well I must say I had my first experience with pinning today and damn "What A Blast". The ability to send a message accross the world or chat after being notified that your new friend has just turned on his mobile. Damn sweet!!! Looking forward to chatting!
    I would have to agree highly with this, very cool talking to people across the globe (that speak english). Only problem is getting a PIN at 1 or 2am from someone, LOL.

    pink

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •