Hello guys, I got my Pearl a couple months ago, and it was amazingly simple ... Networking with PinStackers forum

soapware no está en línea Stack level 1

BBPearl/Outlook question

Advertisement

Hello guys, I got my Pearl a couple months ago, and it was amazingly simple to set up the email portion, BUT on my Outlook at work I have a few rules set up to automatically dump emails from certain people (my bosses) into their own respective folders so their emails dont get lost in the plethora of other emails. BUT... for some stinkin reason i cant figure out, i never get any of my bosses emails on my BB! its like if I have a rule applied to put xx email in yy folder, then it never makes it to my BB. I dont use the desktop redirector, i just use the built in email setup on the BB itself, which does make all emails except the ones i really need (from the bosses) come to by BB. I'm sure this is something simple, but i'm just too stupid right now to fiugre it out. Any clues??

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you are using the BIS to check email OWA then the only emails you will receive are what is sent you your mailbox.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Ok that made no sense. What ever goes to your Inbox is the only email sent to bb. Hope that is more clear.

soapware no está en línea Stack level 1
    umm.. i dont think i was clear when wording my quesiton originally... i only have one email address, i just have rules set up in outlook to move emails from certain email addresses into their own folder, not a separate inbox. they technically all come to my inbox first, then outlook sees the message and dumps it in its own separate folder. why would this cause the emails that get moved to not appear on my BB? i would understand maybe if i was using the desktop redirector that it would only forward things that went to the actual Inbox and stayed there long enough for the redirector to see it, but i'm not using the redirector -- i set up the email from the phone itself, all i had to do was enter my email address and password and domain. it automatically started getting messages about 20 mins later. and ohbtw i can see the separate folders even when using OWA on my Macbook in Safari -- they just appear as folders underneath the actual Inbox itself.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

OWA? Eh?

That means you're on an Exchange server.

Those rules you have set are server side. The email NEVER graces your inbox, and that means BIS over OWA NEVER sees those emails.

BIS can only retrieve email from the inbox. And with rules on the Exchange server, the email never gets to your inbox.

To remedy this, add more to the rule, leave a copy in the inbox, forward a copy to your BlackBerry.net address, something similar to that.