Hello everyone. I googled app error 205 BB flip and came to this site and ... Networking with PinStackers forum

mikeonthelake no está en línea Stack level 1

Post BB screen of death? App error 205 )reset(

Advertisement

Hello everyone. I googled app error 205 BB flip and came to this site and am now a registered user.

To anyone that has experience this phenomenon before...is there help for my phone (my life) ? The google link I found stated that the user was deleting some info and accidentally deleted a OS file. I did not do any such thing....

Brief history.

I had just finished a phone conversation and hit 'hang-up' but the phone never cut-off (over 1-hour), so I took the battery out and waited a few minutes and re-installed the battery...the the App error 205 reset. Now it is in a 'loop'

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    I think it's an app causing it to go in a constant loop. You were just doing a transfer? Did you just rec install a new app? I had this issue before, but it was after I installed a theme so I had to remove it.

No, I noticed on 2 previous times today...when I hung up the phone the "sweeping hand" appeared ... it took a while to hang up the phone. The last call I made today I hit the hang up button and for over 20 minutes the sweeping hand never stopped and it showed I was still on a call (connected). I closed the flip and removed and replaced the battery; that is when I noticed the app error 205. I have not recently changed/added any apps. I do not have internet on this phone. The bluetooth was/is turned off. Thursday I replaced my background image from one of my pics. I am about to go crazy with this thing! Thanking you in advance for your help!

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    OH ok. Sorry I couldn't help. I'm sure someone will come around with some other methods/solutions. I would prob say re-install the OS but that's kind of drastic. I'm not sure if it's necessary.

Good Luck

Thanks for trying!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It definitely sounds like an app crashed. There are a couple of different applications that could assist you with possible determination of whether you can save the information or not. Personally, I use CrackUtil to pull the error logs out of phones and attempt to determine exactly what application crashed. I can then use CrackUtil again to remove the "offending" application and attempt to reboot the phone. I have had this work only about half the time (the other half I couldn't figure out which application actually crashed based off the error log or the application was critical to the os and would not allow the unit to boot after removal). Unfortunately saving your info is a tricky proposition. It truly depends on the exact cause of the crash.

Zo

Thanks...It worked. I only wish I had backed up my phone at least 1 time since 5/2010. The problem is corrected and I really appreciate your help!

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    My Berry crashed one time due to the business card app and I had to go to Verizon for them to reload the OS. I lost all my info but I learned to be careful what Apps I accept from people recommending stuff now. Lesson learned for me.
    Shalom to you (peace)

gusrincon no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi people, im read the threads but confused, i have the 205 error and black screen, my computer wont recognise the phone... can somone walk me through

pepes no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    i need some help to get the pp erro 205 of my blackberry pearl 8220