I am a long time BB and PC user. However, I recently switched from PC ... Networking with PinStackers forum

cayman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D212C8

BB OS 6.0 with MAC Desktop

Advertisement

I am a long time BB and PC user. However, I recently switched from PC to MAC and loaded the BB Desktop software for MAC. When backing up my BB, the MAC erased the OS from my BB Curve 9300 and forced me to upgrade to OS 6.0. However, when restoring my BB data, the new OS omits a lot of my old apps and data - such as Password Keeper. Unfortunately, I save all my login/passwords in the Password Keeper. Does anyone know how to restore Password Keeper on OS 6.0?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, a member for five years and this is your first post! Welcome.

I'm not sure how the Mac version of DM works. Manipulating BB OS's is a pain on a Mac......all the good tools are for PC.

Can you load VMWare or make a Windows partition on your Mac? Then you could download the OS you have on your device and install Password Keeper that way.

PIN/ID
    23D212C8
    Thanks RogerG. Actually, the problem is the new BB OS 6.0 on my BB. I have a whole list of BB backup files but the new OS dims certain items such as Password Keeper. I think OS 6.0 is not compatible w all the older BB apps. It even wiped out BB App World and I had to manually DL and reinstall apps such as What's App and TeleNav. Anyone else having difficulty or success w BB OS 6.0?

Yes, you'll definitely have compatibility issues with apps that ran on 5.0 vs. 6.0. I thought the 9300 came with 6.0, no? Password Keeper shouldn't have been effected by the OS change, though.

PIN/ID
    23D212C8

Smile BB OS 6.0 Issue Resolved

Quote Originally Posted by cayman View Post
    Thanks RogerG. Actually, the problem is the new BB OS 6.0 on my BB. I have a whole list of BB backup files but the new OS dims certain items such as Password Keeper. I think OS 6.0 is not compatible w all the older BB apps. It even wiped out BB App World and I had to manually DL and reinstall apps such as What's App and TeleNav. Anyone else having difficulty or success w BB OS 6.0?

Update: Problem resolved. Thanks RogerG; you were correct; the new OS wasn't the issue. It looks like it was the BB Desktop software for Mac that was the issue. I hooked up my BB back to my PC and reinstall the Password Keeper and other deleted apps from that PC's BB Desktop. Then I hooked up the BB back to the Mac to reload the data from the Password Keeper files.

Great news! Glad to hear you got it resolved.