All, I am new to the BB as well as to BB Messenger and am ... Networking with PinStackers forum

rndcomp no está en línea Stack level 1

Question BB Messenger - unable to add contacts

Advertisement

All,

I am new to the BB as well as to BB Messenger and am having problems adding contacts. I am NOT using BES but I do have BB Internet Email set up. When I try to add contacts, the request email is sent, the person I want to add receives the email and responds, and I get the email back. But that is all that happens. What do I do with the email once I get it so the BB Messenger contact is no longer pending? Am I not doing something right? I would think that the email that is received on my BB would be automatically processed by the BB messenger client. I must be missing somthing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanx!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: BB Messenger - unable to add contacts

rndcomp, welcome to PinStack.

I've never had this problem, but a couple of questions about your emails. Are you emailing from your BIS account usernameMe@carrier.blackberry.net, to your contact's BIS account usernameThem@carrier.blackberry.net? Or, are you using some other email account on your BIS? I believe that both may have to be the BIS email address. You might try using Request by PIN.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

rndcomp no está en línea Stack level 1

Rcbjr,
    I am using my BIS accout (tmo.blackberry.net) and attempting to add a contact that is using a corporate BES server. How do I do a Request by Pin? Do I have to set up a contact in my address book with only a PIN entry?

Thanks so much for the fast response!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Does he have BB Messenger installed on his BB? If you have the users PIN number, enter it into the PIN field in his Contact Record. Then when you use the Add Contact in BB Messenger, after selecting his name, when you open the menu you will see Request By PIN. Use that.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles