Hello, I was hoping someone out there has experienced this problem and can help me!?!?!? ... Networking with PinStackers forum

henning no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2414F340

Question BB Messenger Problem-each reply opens new convo

Advertisement

Hello, I was hoping someone out there has experienced this problem and can help me!?!?!? On my BB messenger, when a convo is open and the other person replies, you have to close the current convo and open a new one to see their response. It was a now and then thing before, but now it is on every convo and its driving me insane! I have reset by taking out the battery and sim card but still no luck. I have checked everything on the phone that I can think of with no luck. Help!!! Thank you!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: BB Messenger Problem-each reply opens new convo

Try doing a backup of your device on DM. Do you have your os installed on pc? If so run DM, App Loader and scroll down to BBM and uncheck it then uninstall it. Let your BB boot back up, then repeat this process running app loader but checking BBM this time. Let BB reboot. Run restore to get your contacts back if they aren't there and see if the problem persists.

~via Lava's C2 (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2414F340

Thanks for the reply so quickly...I backed up my BB and then went to the app loader. BBM is not on the list! I tried to go to BB website and download it and this is what it said:
    Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger.

Its already installed on my phone so how can that be possible? Thanks!!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

um are u running a custome theme?
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by henning View Post
    Thanks for the reply so quickly...I backed up my BB and then went to the app loader. BBM is not on the list! I tried to go to BB website and download it and this is what it said:
    Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Messenger.

Its already installed on my phone so how can that be possible? Thanks!!
    The reason for this is that as I said in my previous post, you need to have your BB's OS installed on your PC for the DM to list the available software on the device.
    This thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_2_173_a.html
    Will give you the latest OS if you want to upgrade your device
    and here is a thread to show you how to do it:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html
    however if you want to simply grab the current OS that is on your device and your profile doesn't
    tell me anything beyond 4.2.2 so I don't know what you have running,
    go to Options>About or press Shift>Alt>Enter all at once to get that info.
    Then go to the 8300 forums and stickied at the top you will see the latest OS for the 8300.

Once you have this installed on PC you should be able to follow the steps I gave you before.

If not, post back and let us know
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 11-22-2007 at 02:50 AM.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    2414F340

Thanks! I am downloading the new OS now. I was running 4.2.214. I will post back and let you know how it goes. Harry, I am running a custom theme. How will a custom theme affect it? I can change back to a regular one or is there something I need to do to the one I created? Thanks again!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Henn---sometimes the custom themes dont "talk" properly to the rest of the phone, or it can just goof things up. I've never had this problem, but others have.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    2414F340

I downloaded the most recent and followed the instructions and it is still jacked. I changed to a regular theme as well. I will try to call cust service in the am and see what they can come up with...thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated!!! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!