Not a Blackberry user? Start Here
New more info about PIN Messaging or how this ... Networking with PinStackers forum
BB Messenger PIN List
Not a Blackberry user? Start Here
New more info about PIN Messaging or how this website arrived at the name PinStack read more.
Blackberry Messenger FAQ:
Q: What is BlackBerry Messenger?
A: BlackBerry Messenger is an instant messaging program based on the Personal Identification Number (PIN). This service allows you to add other BlackBerry users to create a contact list. You are able to see when your contacts are online, away, busy, or offline.
Q: How do I add people to my Contact List in BlackBerry Messenger?
A: From your Home screen
1. Scroll to the BlackBerry Messenger icon and click the trackwheel. The Contact List appears.
2. Click the trackwheel and choose Add a Contact from the menu. You are now viewing your address book.
3. Either add a contact from your address book by clicking on that person's name, or add a new user by selecting Use Once and entering that person's email address.
4. From the menu that appears, choose Request Email.
5. The Add a Message screen appears containing the invitation to be sent. You may customize this invitation before sending it. Click OK to send.
6. The user will be added to your contact list once he or she accepts this invitation.
Q: How can I add a group to my BlackBerry Messenger Contact List?
A: From your contact list
1. Click the trackwheel and choose Add Group from the menu.
2. The Add Group screen appears. You are prompted to enter a name for the new group.
3. Enter the name and click OK. The group name appears in your contact list
Q: How do I open a BlackBerry Messenger invitation?
A: When you receive an invitation from a user who wants to add you to his or her contact list, the invitation appears under the group named Requests and is named after the user who sent it. To open the invitation:
1. Scroll to the invitation, click the trackwheel, and select Open from the menu.
2. The Add Contact screen appears giving you the opportunity to view the message the user sent.
3. Select Accept if you want to be added to that user's contact list.
Q: Can I change my BlackBerry Messenger user name?
A: Yes. From your contact list
1. Click the trackwheel and select Edit my Info.
2. The Change Display Name screen appears and you can enter a new user name.
3. Once you have entered the name, click OK. You new name is displayed at the top of your contact list.
Q: Can I change the name of another user on my BlackBerry Messenger Contact List?
A: Yes. You can change the name of another user.
1. Highlight the user whose name you want to change and click the trackwheel.
2. Choose Rename from the menu. The Rename screen appears.
3. Enter the new name you want for that user and select OK.
4. Their name will now be changed on your contact list
Q: How do I change my BlackBerry Messenger status?
A: To change your status
1. Click the trackwheel on your BlackBerry Messenger contact list and choose Available.
2. Select Available or Unavailable as your status. You may also enter a message that you want your contacts to see by typing beside the Message field.
3. When you have made your selection, click OK and your status will be updated on your contact list.
Q: Can I block users on my Contact List from knowing my status?
A: No. If you add a user to your contact list, they can always see your status. If you don't want someone to see your status, you must delete the user from your contact list. This will automatically take the person off your contact list, and remove you from his or her contact list.
Q: How do I send an instant message to someone on my BlackBerry Messenger Contact List?
A: From your contact list
1. Scroll to the user to whom you would like to send a message, and click the trackwheel.
2. Select Open Conversation from the menu.
3. A conversation window will open and you can type in the message. Click the Enter key on your BlackBerry Wireless Handheld to send the message.
Q: Can I have a BlackBerry Messenger conversation with more than one user in the same Conversation window?
A: Yes. You can do this through a BlackBerry Messenger Conference.
Q: How do I start a BlackBerry Messenger Conference?
A: Within a conversation window
1. Click the trackwheel and select Invite from the menu.
2. The Select a Contact screen opens with a list of all your contacts.
3. Select the arrow button (which drops down a list) and scroll to the user that you want to add to your current conversation.
4. Select that user and click OK.
Q: Can I look at the history of conversations I have had on BlackBerry Messenger?
A: No. This is not a feature of BlackBerry Messenger.
Q: How do I set my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld to vibrate when I receive an instant message through BlackBerry Messenger?
A: From your BlackBerry Messenger Contact List
1. Click the trackwheel and select Options from the menu.
2. Select the box beside Vibrate When Receiving a Ping and choose Change Option from the menu. A checkmark appears beside the box.
3. When you press the Escape button to leave this screen, the Change Made screen prompts you to save your changes. Select Save and you return to the contact list.
Last edited by hayden; 04-11-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Hi I'm Hayden James and my blackberry PIN is...
mine is 2009d4d0
mine is 2009d4d0...not sure if it works (no service as of right now)....
PIN 40072986 love my BB pin me anytime :P
You just got Pinned!
Originally Posted by lpowell
Hello from Minnesota
My PIN is: 2019bd47
Re: My PIN
Sent you a PIN. Welcome from Antigua (in the Caribbean).
Originally Posted by cellguy
New to Blackberry
Hello from OHIO
I prefer to not give out mine just yet.
Pinstack.com – the web's #1 BlackBerry spot!
message me 200C5A2B
pin : 202aacd0
just got a bb, and i love it!
sorry that was me in previous post
new to pinstack and blackberries...
Hi there-just getting into the pin world--seems like a neat idea, but I have to wonder how long until it becomes a logged and charged service by the wireless providers.
Any thoughts on this subject?
Tags for this Thread