I just noticed that my BlackBerry Messenger main screen icon is no longer the blue ... Networking with PinStackers forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

BB Messenger Main Screen Icon Changed

Advertisement

I just noticed that my BlackBerry Messenger main screen icon is no longer the blue and white message bubbles but is now back to the older icon. Has this happened to anyone before? How do I fix it?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: BB Messenger Main Screen Icon Changed

that's not cool i thought the old icon had a BIG head. Maybe a OS reinstall? Or theme issue?

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Erica, did you recently upgrade your bb messenger program? Or do an OS reinstall? I dont see how the icon can change on its own.

All I did was change themes. My BB has been acting strange recently (puked up my Contacts List, ran out of memory, had problems with themes, etc.) I'm half tempted to send this one back and get a replacement and see if that helps. I think I got a disgruntled BB LMAO

Got it back. All it needed was a synch with the desktop manager and I got the newer icon back,

SalaH no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2110bdb6

I had the same penlem happen but I just did a restart and it was back to normal. But will remember to do a sync insted of the restart.
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

BryanSE79 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304CDF5D

Cool, good to know it works again

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Got it back. All it needed was a synch with the desktop manager and I got the newer icon back,
    Erica,

While I was talking to you via BB Messenger last night my screen went white all my contacts everything disappeared. Talking about panic, I had to reinstall BB Messenger and all of a sudden all my contacts were there again, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Erica,

While I was talking to you via BB Messenger last night my screen went white all my contacts everything disappeared.
    I had that happen to me twice before my entire list was erased and I forgot to set a protection password.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

About a week ago I went to give someone an address from my address book and it was empty. All of my contacts had disappeared! I didn't panic because I figured I would just have to do a restore from my laptop to get them back. I noticed that my signal strength was pretty weak, but I didn't see how that could have anything to do with it. When I was back home and about to do the restore, I checked my address book one last time and all my contacts were back! I also had good signal strength as I usually do from home. My working assumption has been that the address book problem and signal strength issue were coincidental and unrelated. After reading EricaJ's message, I'm worried now. Should I be? How does setting a protection password help? I'm on a 7100i.
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I've tried password protection my BlackBerry Messenger contact list and it doesn't work. What I've done is write down all of my contacts and their PIN numbers in a file in Notepad.