when i open the BB messenger there are categories current conversations BB messenger contacts pending ... Networking with PinStackers forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

BB Messenger

Advertisement

when i open the BB messenger there are categories

current conversations
    BB messenger
    contacts
    pending

what would be the difference between bb messenger and contacts (i have started my bb pin list, so it's small). i have a few on bb messenger and a few on contacts...not sure why they are separated tho...prolly user error, but just wanted to take it to the stacks..

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Re: BB Messenger

I just checked my BB Messenger, my categories don't include bb messenger list. The only difference I see is that I have a category that says Unavailable. I would suggest that you look, and see if any of the contacts are "greyed" out in your BB Messenger category. If so, then I'm guessing for whatever reason, your bb messenger category is actually your unavailable category.

If this isn't the case, then I hope someone can answer your question Good Luck and let us know.

jade
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

But you bring up a great point: why isn't BB Messenger integrated with the Address Book?

Come on! How difficult would it be to have all Address Book entries with a PIN automatically show up in BB Messenger?

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

That would be nice, but could you imagine all the people you would have on your bbmess list that you never talk to? Where's the point in that?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I used to add everyone to my address book, but that took up too much room. So now if I dont have you in my BB Messenger and I need to talk to you, I simply log into pinstack, look up your name and pin you or whatever.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

But further to that, if I want to compose a PIN, the "to:" field is populated with the ENTIRE address book, even though I've only got about a dozen entries with PINs. The compose window/address book ought to be smart enough to know when a contact doesn't have a PIN and not display the name.

But again, that's too easy!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, Lewis, this is true, but if the contact doesn't have a PIN listed, it only gives you the option to "Request by Email", which if you know a BB user's email, but not their PIN you can still add them as a contact. So doing this would limit your capabilities.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles