Hi all and this is my first posting. Got a Blackberry pearl that I like ... Networking with PinStackers forum

DE52 no está en línea Stack level 1

Attaching specific ringtones

Advertisement

Hi all and this is my first posting. Got a Blackberry pearl that I like but am having a problem. I am trying to attach a specific ring tone to family members so that I know it is them calling. Have followed the instructions given on the "help" on the machine and address book entry says that customised ring tone is attached but it doesn't work. Spoke to Vodafone help line and they say that it can't be done on a BB and can't understand why there are instruction for it. Thoughts anyone? Rgds

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Attaching specific ringtones

Hello DE52, and welcome to the Stacks

Try this go to your address book and highlight a entry hit menu and select "edit", now hit menu again and select "Add Custom Phone Tune".

You can also go to your Profiles icon, scroll down to advanced, hit menu and select "New Exception".

Now name your exception and scroll down to "From:" and hit menu and select "Add Name" and it will take you to your address book and you can add whoever you want, then pick your tune.

DE52 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi dfc420, have tried both of those and it is still doing the same thing! If set on "normal" profile it rings on that tune and not the personalised tune for the person calling. Any other ideas at all? thanks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not too sure what's going on then, when I use the "custom phone tune" it doesn't always for for me either.

But setting up an exception in profiles does... I have a few setup and are working.

Make sure the exception Is checked.

Try resetting your BB (take the battery out 30 seconds and reinsert).

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

If you want a custom tune for someone calling you just "add customer tune" in your address book. Exceptions are best used for sms, mms and emails...

Make sure there are no exceptions overriding your current profile.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I'm not sure about the pearl yet. Haven't set any new ones, just brought all the old ones from my 8700 successfully. But I do know with earlier versions of OS 4.1, if you created your exception by adding custom tones in the Contact, you couldn't change the "Use Profile" Setting. It always used the Normal Profile settings, but if you created it as a New Exception, you could set the Use Profile setting to Active and it would follow those settings except for the tone used. For this reason, I never use the Add custom Tone in the contacts to create an exception.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    If you want a custom tune for someone calling you just "add customer tune" in your address book. Exceptions are best used for sms, mms and emails...

Make sure there are no exceptions overriding your current profile.
    My Exceptions work for mms and sms and phone calls but not email, I started using them for phone calls when the "add custom phone tune" wasnt working.

Maybe it was a 8100 OS problem Quite a few people have posted about it,
    it works fine with Cingulars OS though.