Hi Guys / Girls I was trying to pick up more information on the APN ... Networking with PinStackers forum

dsalt no está en línea Stack level 1

APN - Need more information

Advertisement

Hi Guys / Girls
    I was trying to pick up more information on the APN configuration in all phones.

What I am trying to find is:

Are these the same for each phone on each network or do they differ?

So what I mean is that if I had an iPhone and a Blackberry both on Vodafone would both have the same APN configuration?

Also I am would like to know why the phones connect sometimes through one APN and sometimes through others?

What is the difference between the different WEB or WAP APN?

Sorry loads of questions and help is appreciated!

Thanks
    Dan

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome. Someone here will be glad to help you. It would be helpful if you update your profile with your phone model. I'm not very familiar with this, so I'll let someone else answer it for you. I'd like to know as well.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Dan, welcome to PinStack. I ran across a nifty little website awhile back that you'll find in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature. You basically enter your country and carrier and it gives you the configurations necessary. Check it out.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here's the link to make it a little easier on you, but keep that blog in mind for any other questions you might have. Lots of useful info there.